Help! Modem kicking out public IP. How do I reconfigure it?

GlitterKitten21

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014
I am so beyond frustrated that I really don't know what to do. My modem is sending out it's public IP instead of the individual private IPs, and the techs from our ISP have no idea what I'm even talking about, let alone how to fix it. I'm at the end of my rope. How can I reconfigure my modem so that it sends out the right IP addresses?

Solution
there might be a reason why the techs do not know what you are talking about. not sure if anyone can help you with the info that you have provided. First of all, are you technically inclined? Have you configured other modems before? If so the short answer would be for you to do a factory reset and reconfigure the modem from scratch. If the modem still fails then you will need to get a new modem.

If you haven't done anything like this before, it maybe a good idea to have a tech come out to the modem and look at it.

homiezheadsup

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
there might be a reason why the techs do not know what you are talking about. not sure if anyone can help you with the info that you have provided. First of all, are you technically inclined? Have you configured other modems before? If so the short answer would be for you to do a factory reset and reconfigure the modem from scratch. If the modem still fails then you will need to get a new modem.

If you haven't done anything like this before, it maybe a good idea to have a tech come out to the modem and look at it.

Solution