HELP!!! Mom in distress - can't reach my techy son!!

Mel in Louisiana

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
We have a new Dell (Intel) Desktop running Windows 7 Home Premium...awesome system so far....as long as I don't sleep and let my monitor sleep!!! Aaaarghhh!!! I thought I could maybe just update the monitor driver - my monitor is a wide screen HP f2105 - so I got the driver properties: Windows\system32\DRIVERS\monitor.sys but my search brought me to your Driver Update and Repair Utility. Just want to make sure it's the right thing for my problem before I do it! Can you give me a shout out!!! Crazed Computer Mom In Louisiana - Happy Labor Day 2014

Mel in Louisiana

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
turkey3_scratch Sorry it took so long to answer! I had tried your solution before reaching out and when I would go into monitor properties it was not even giving me the option to update. In Windows 7 Premium you don't get to right click you have to click on the box to go to that next field! I was SO frustrated. After you suggested it I kept going back into the monitor properties over and over and it wouldn't let me update the driver. FINALLY, I shut the computer down and walked away. Some updates must have taken place, because when I came back - BAM!!! It let me update the driver! So... drum roll....!!! I just did it! I am about to shut down. I will restart, but I won't know anything until tomorrow after the computer has been idle overnight - that is usually when the dreaded BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH HAPPENS! Y'ALL HAVE A GOOD EVENING! Thanks again!

Latest posts