Question Help. Monitor has no signal, Because of CPU?

Printer Paper

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
So, this is my first build, and I've already messed up. I've almost lost all hope in this project. Basically, my monitor is saying no HDMI signal. I've checked to make sure that the HDMI cord is plugged properly into the monitor and the PC. So I've ruled that out. My graphics card seems to be working fine so I've almost entirely ruled that out. Now, during the installation of the CPU, I wasn't gentle enough and ended up bending a few pins. I tried my best to straighten them out to hopefully save it. Now, when I plug my computer in it says no HDMI signal. Is it because of my CPU? Everything else seems to be fine.

This may be unrelated but there is an orange light on my motherboard between the ram and the CPU. Does this have to do with my problem? It only lights up when the computer is completely on.

so I guess my real question is why is this happening and do I need a new CPU

PC specs
CPU - AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard - Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX
Ram - Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB SSD - Samsung - 860 Evo
Hard drive - Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB
GPU - Asus - Radeon RX 580
Case - Corsair - Crystal 570X ATX
PSU - EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W
Operating System - Microsoft - Windows 10
Monitor - Asus - VG245H

UPDATE
I have plugged the HDMI cord into my laptop and it displays on my new monitor. But when I plug my pc into the tv, it shows a no signal error. This excludes the monitor from being the problem.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Do you have an image of the extent to the bent pins? I'm also curious, how do you bend pins on an AMD CPU? Does the system power up when breadboarded? Can you identify which LED is on?
14.jpg

Printer Paper

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
This was what the pins looked like before I tried to straighten them.
https://goo.gl/images/1yF2QG

I'm not sure how I bent the pins. Maybe I applied to much pressure when I didn't have the pins all lined up correctly with the socket.
Here is an image of that orange light.
View: https://imgur.com/HMqn705

I know it looks like its the 2nd one down but it is actually the third one down that is lit up.

Also, since I'm pretty new the PC building and all the stuff related to it, what does "breadboarded" mean. Sorry for this question.

Last edited:

Printer Paper

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
Sorry for that question before about breadboarding. I have not turned the pc on when breadboarding so I wouldn't know. I only put the CPU, CPU fan and ram on the motherboard outside the case. everything else was done inside.

Printer Paper

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
Whenever I turn my power supply on a white light comes up on my GPU. I've read around and I figure that this is nothing of concern, but the one thing that is making me doubt this is how when I turn my monitor on it says no signal. Can anyone tell me what this white light is and whether I need to worry about it or not. Note that this is a new build.

Last edited:

Printer Paper

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
were the white light is on the GPU, it is labeled LED 1 and it is glowing a solid white. The power cable from the PSU enters the GPU right in front of the light. The orange light is between the ram and the CPU. Note that some of the CPU pins had been bent and I tried to straighten them out as best as I could.

Printer Paper

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
Okay, I figured out why that white led light is on, on the GPU. It is there if there is an unstable voltage going to the GPU. But I can't change that since the monitor says no signal, causing me to not be able to get past the startup screen that shows the manufacturers name. How can I fix this? I've checked the cables going to the monitor from the PC, I've checked that the GPU is firmly in its PCI socket. What am I missing?

Last edited: