[SOLVED] HELP!! Monitor randomly goes black and comes back on

bloodevil992

Honorable
Feb 7, 2019
so i finally got my system all working and now ive come across more problems, my 2 monitors ( both different, 1 dell, 1 ips LG ) soem times its random my screen seem to go black and come back on again its random i cant recreate it, but this time the montors both went off completely said no signal, but the system was still on, due to the RTX 2080 im using display port to HDMI to the LG main and HDMI to DVI-D to the old dell both 60 htz can anyone help here ?

CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
cooling NZXT kraken x72

RAM
hyperX savage 2400mhz 16GB DDR3

Motherboard
MSI Z97A GAMING 7

Graphics
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 trio

Storage
120GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO
500GB Seagate
1TB Seagate
3TB Seagate
10TB Seagate

HX850w power supply new

Solution
If you can get picture from the motherboard HDMI/DisplayPort (not sure which is has) then the graphics card might be acting up.

Check the card with either a monitor without adapters/converters (DP to HDMI and HDMI to DVI-D) if that's what your actually using to connect them to the graphics card. It might be the adapters (again if that's what you're using).

On a different note, a 2080 for old 60Hz monitors is overkill.
Jun 3, 2018
If it's showing no signal on the monitors at the same time then the issues is with your video card or an improper connection. Try reseating the video card and see what happens. If it goes out try sticking to one monitor for a bit. If it works then it's just having issues supporting two screens and you could use a splitter to only use up one port but go to two screens. If it doesn't work then there's an issue with your video card or the Mobo (can't relay message to video card) if your Mobo has another slot for your video card try that one as well.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
If you can get picture from the motherboard HDMI/DisplayPort (not sure which is has) then the graphics card might be acting up.

Check the card with either a monitor without adapters/converters (DP to HDMI and HDMI to DVI-D) if that's what your actually using to connect them to the graphics card. It might be the adapters (again if that's what you're using).

On a different note, a 2080 for old 60Hz monitors is overkill.

Solution

bloodevil992

Honorable
Feb 7, 2019
its a brand new graphics card week old

" a 2080 for old 60Hz monitors is overkill. " yes it si but i dont have the cash right now to upgrade them as i may have to upgrade my CPU and MB and ram so

Jun 3, 2018
its a brand new graphics card week old

" a 2080 for old 60Hz monitors is overkill. " yes it si but i dont have the cash right now to upgrade them as i may have to upgrade my CPU and MB and ram so
A good thing to try hook it up to your tv if you have a newer flat screen. It'll help you figure out if it's just monitor compatibility or your graphics card. Also if your Mobo has onboard graphics, try that.

Mar 4, 2019
Does it have the same flicker/black screen when you have audio playing? I've been having a similar random black screen, the only odd variable is if I have audio playing through my HDMI cable. Like if audio is enabled, then its no issue, but if i disable audio then i get random black screeening. (1660 ti, not an RTX 2080)