[SOLVED] Help - MSI B450M PRO M2 MAX - Cannot boot new build

Apr 8, 2020
So I received all my brand new part, I replaced all parts as I couldn't boot the previous hardware so had all the parts replaced and yet here we now, with the exact same problem!

EZ-DEBUG led CPU light is on, and it won't post from that..

Is MSI just really <Mod Edit> as I am reading this problem with cold boots exists with many customers? This CPU is supported and should be supported so what the heck is the problem?
Has anyone faced this must hassle with MSI boards before, or know any fixes?

All parts are brand new

MSI b450m PRO M2 MAX
RYZEN 5 3400 G (2nd generation)
8gb ven ram

• This CPU is not faulty, it's brand new from AMD's RMA department
  • Now I have validated that this board should run this CPU without any bios update, but please correct if im wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Fixed
EZ-DEBUG = CPU = Turns out to be broken RAM - The MSI ez-debug is not accurate if you face similar problems, replace your RAM.
Show pictures, how you have connected everything inside your pc.

Go through this check list.

Apr 8, 2020
Yes I can confirm all these listed are complete and has been tested/revalidated -

As I said the ez-DEBUG led is back again on a brand new board & RMA'd amd processor. Im beginning to think the MSI boards are just heavily faulty

Apr 8, 2020
Highly unlikely.
according to the moderator on the MSI it is common. Since these PSU's are below a needed requirement to power regulation to power the am4 socket processors. Anyone else give an opinion on this?

I've actually ordered a Seasonic focus gx 550 PSU on the recommendation that this will make it boot....

Reactions: mctrader07
Apr 8, 2020
I run a Corsair CX500 with a Ryzen 5 3400G with no issues.
what motherboard?

well since I've gone through 2x mobo's, RMA'd CPU and this new PSU - I will try this one new PSU as a last resort before I refund everything and then I guess im just gonna refund everything because nothing makes sense :D

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020
Hi people again -

Got the new PSU, and it's still giving me the EZ-debug led. Im going to return all these items, it's just been weeks and weeks of the same thing with every new part I try, nothing works. I've not done anything wrong, I am clear, I even ground myself, I have built many rigs in the past in fact this rig was working fine before it broke and I had replaced all the parts./ it's just impossible that these events will just not let me boot my rig no matter how much I spend on new parts or get replacements.. nothing fixes it. Potentially that all; the parts I have received were all DOA but I don't know.. how is that possible?*

• I sent back my CPU because i thought it was faulty, AMD sent me a new one,
  • I tried 2x Asus b450m boards but i thought them used so I assumed they were DOA, i returned them both/.
  • I tried 2x MSI b450m boards and the same issue.
  • tried both a brand new cx corsair and a brand new Seasonic PSU and still the same problem.
  • I breadboard all my parts.
I have not tried a new RAM stick yet, but the EZ-debug LED flashing on to the CPU.. Maybe its not right. I guess I will try a new ram stick..

what do you people think? I've literally spent 3 months trying to boot my PC and with new parts and nothing.. :(