Question Help my 1070 gives no signal

drkjstr

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
card that was listed as defective. It was listed saying will show picture and update drivers but will go to black screen after sometime. Well when I installed it in my system I was getting a no signal right away. The gainward RGB part lights up but fans did not spin I was thinking it was because it was not needed just yet. I ended up taking it apart checked the board for any kind of marks or burnt smell nothing it looks clean had new thermal paste. Well cleaned up in thermal paste applied again still no signal. I took it out and put it back in the box yesterday morning I installed it in my pc again because I remembered I had the adaptor for the DVI cable port I wanted to check that port because hdmi was not given signal well it worked I had a picture I put the HDMI cable back in its port and it had a signal. I installed the newest driver's from Nvidia worked great no problems. I did multiple restarts with no problems played games no problems fans seemed to hit max speed after 5 minutes but no problems. I installed the gainward tool for over clocking because that seemed to be the only way to change the rgb lighting I decided to run to oc scanner program that the gainward tool has it did fine up to the end it hit max temps of around 65c fans where 100% speed. Than it happened the screen went black and I get no signal again I have not had a signal for 24 hours with this graphics car. I put my MSI 1050ti back in and it works just fine. My system is as follows
MSI b250m mortar motherboard
Intel i5 7500
12gb ddr4 2400
A 850 watt PSU from Corsair or cooler master
3tb HDD
250gb SSD
Monitor is brand new Acer nitro vg240 I believe that's right