Potato_Magnet

Honorable
Dec 13, 2015
I re-installed windows and put in a new HDD, but my computer is still slow. It's a computer I build just a few years ago so it should be running fine, 8GB ram, 3.8ghz ish intel coffee lake CPU, (no GPU, but it was fine without it before). I'm gonna see if the drivers need to be updated. But is there something else I can check?

Solution
I re-installed windows and put in a new HDD, but my computer is still slow. It's a computer I build just a few years ago so it should be running fine, 8GB ram, 3.8ghz ish intel coffee lake CPU, (no GPU, but it was fine without it before). I'm gonna see if the drivers need to be updated. But is there something else I can check?

I need some more information to give you the best response. How fast is your ram? If it is slow you may want to consider buying another 8 GB ram stick. Also if your ram is not very fast you may want to get a new kit. I recommend going with the Crucial Ballistix 2x8 GBs c16 3600mhz kit. It’s $93 USD, I cannot recommend compatible because I don’t know all your system though.

Here is a link...

Lutfij

Titan
When parsing a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary t include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

On that note, if you're able to get into BIOS without hindrance, please check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing. Following that, how did you fabricate your installer for Windows 10? Include the age of your PSU and for your drivers, manually source them from motherboard maker's support site. Install them manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

YoIAmDashing

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021

I need some more information to give you the best response. How fast is your ram? If it is slow you may want to consider buying another 8 GB ram stick. Also if your ram is not very fast you may want to get a new kit. I recommend going with the Crucial Ballistix 2x8 GBs c16 3600mhz kit. It’s $93 USD, I cannot recommend compatible because I don’t know all your system though.

Here is a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Ball...t=&hvlocphy=9033064&hvtargid=pla-883199505818

Solution