HELP! My computer has no power

When I turn on my computer , ther is no lights , there is nothing.
Please help.

--
Finemom02

"Finemom02" <Finemom02.1laz1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> When I turn on my computer , ther is no lights , there is nothing.
> Please help.
>

> --
> Finemom02

Probably a dead power supply.

Pay the electric bill.

"Finemom02" <Finemom02.1laz1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

| When I turn on my computer , ther is no lights , there is
nothing.
| Please help.
|

| --
| Finemom02

If you don't have the necessary electrical test equipment (and the requisite
knowledge to use them), or a stock of spare replacement parts - take it to a
service shop!

I would imagine that you don't as per the nature of your post! Testing, or
part substitution, is the only way to diagnose the problem.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Finemom02" <Finemom02.1laz1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> When I turn on my computer , ther is no lights , there is nothing.
> Please help.
>

> --
> Finemom02

Of course, first check the obvious. Is it plugged into a working outlet
(plug a lamp into the outlet and make sure it is turned on?) Is the power
cable plugged into the back of the computer (they can work loose when moving
a computer on a desk or floor?) If there is a rocker switch on the back of
the computer is the switch turned on (I/O with I pushed in?) If you are
hooked to a surge suppressor or switchbox (had a switch go bad once), remove
them and try into an outlet directly.

> If you don't have the necessary electrical test equipment (and the
> requisite knowledge to use them), or a stock of spare replacement parts -
> take it to a service shop!
>
> I would imagine that you don't as per the nature of your post! Testing, or
> part substitution, is the only way to diagnose the problem.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> "Finemom02" <Finemom02.1laz1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
>>
>> When I turn on my computer , ther is no lights , there is nothing.
>> Please help.
>>

>> --
>> Finemom02

Also check the circuit breakers and/or fuses for that power line.

"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message
> Of course, first check the obvious. Is it plugged into a working outlet
> (plug a lamp into the outlet and make sure it is turned on?) Is the power
> cable plugged into the back of the computer (they can work loose when
> moving a computer on a desk or floor?) If there is a rocker switch on the
> back of the computer is the switch turned on (I/O with I pushed in?) If
> you are hooked to a surge suppressor or switchbox (had a switch go bad
> once), remove them and try into an outlet directly.

>> If you don't have the necessary electrical test equipment (and the
>> requisite knowledge to use them), or a stock of spare replacement parts -
>> take it to a service shop!
>>
>> I would imagine that you don't as per the nature of your post! Testing,
>> or part substitution, is the only way to diagnose the problem.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

>> "Finemom02" <Finemom02.1laz1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> When I turn on my computer , ther is no lights , there is nothing.
>>> Please help.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Finemom02

Try plugging it in.