[SOLVED] HELP, My computer is micro-stuttering for no reason?

Apr 23, 2020
So i have been having some issues with my decently old laptop(5-6+ yrs old) The main issue is that video games will micro-stutter but the fps of the game itself will be fine. I have re-downloaded my drivers and messed with TONS of settings. I have also gone to the point of reinstalling windows and the issue still persists today. The strangest thing is that sometimes rebooting my computer will fix it and its pretty much gone. But other times when my computer boots its incredibly prevalent and annoying

Help? i really cannot figure this out, i thought reinstalling windows would work but have had no success. My computer specs are as follows:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

GPU GeForce GTX 860M

Outside of games the computer seems to work fine and doesn't stutter with basic programs like chrome discord etc. Let me know if you need anymore information. I have troubleshooted the hell out of this issue and have been unsuccessful. Thanks.

Solution
Download aida64 trial, open system stability test, press x mark to cpu (processor) and GPU (graphics chip). Start the stress test, check temperature monitoring for both gpu + cpu cores. After 5min take pic and upload here