HELP! My computer screen freezes(locks?) up randomly for 30 seconds.

Mudig88

Honorable
Mar 3, 2014
Screen temporarily freezes at random for 30-40 seconds. The screen is stuck but the computer is still functioning. I know this because it happens sometimes when I'm using Youtube and it freezes but the audio still continues playing. I can't pinpoint the problem. All of my drivers are up to date, I ran a memory diagnostics, I checked Event Viewer for any errors. I built this computer only a few months ago and this issue is a recent occurrence. I'm on Windows 10 Pro edition btw.

Solution
Might be a virus or poorly written malware hogging clock cycles and causing conflicts. Run a FULL virus scan followed by a Malwarebytes scan.
Could also be one of your programs that are running in the background conflicting with another program. (1) disable as many programs in the TRAY as possible. (2) Run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both.

What kind of memory diagnostics did you run?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Might be a virus or poorly written malware hogging clock cycles and causing conflicts. Run a FULL virus scan followed by a Malwarebytes scan.
Could also be one of your programs that are running in the background conflicting with another program. (1) disable as many programs in the TRAY as possible. (2) Run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both.

What kind of memory diagnostics did you run?

Solution