[SOLVED] Help, my cpu is running 3 ghz + during startup

Mar 12, 2021
Hello, please help me guys. When I restart my laptop that's only months old, the cpu runs 3ghz + and then the fans turn on and then after a while the cpu's clock speed goes down and the fans turn off. Why is this happening, this never happened before...
Nothing is damaged because this is a gaming laptop and I've never played any hardcore game and nothing is dusty??? This happened yesterday and when I unplugged my laptop and left it on my table something weird happened. I came back and found my fans running full speed for a reason I have no clue why and the cpu was also running crazy fast. Nobody was using it so I don't know what happened. I restarted it and then it quieted down. Theres no malware because I never downloaded anything, only images. What has happened, please help me. Could it be a bios update? I don't know because I never manually updated it. What happened yesterday confused me and I'm scared that if I change the bios or something I'll break it and something bad will happen to it.

Solution
So you don't want your laptop to use the CPUs Boost features to get things done faster? During boot I would want it to try to get it done quickly.

At idle the system can perform various background tasks like optimizing the storage on the hard drive/SSD, downloading updates preemptively, running anti-virus anti-malware scans (Windows Defender/Antivirus, or McAfee or whatever the system came with)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
So you don't want your laptop to use the CPUs Boost features to get things done faster? During boot I would want it to try to get it done quickly.

At idle the system can perform various background tasks like optimizing the storage on the hard drive/SSD, downloading updates preemptively, running anti-virus anti-malware scans (Windows Defender/Antivirus, or McAfee or whatever the system came with)

Solution
Mar 12, 2021

So this is just the cpu boosting it's performance? Nothing serious right? It's just odd it did not do this for 5 months and decides to do it now.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can go through the Windows power options and see if anything in there changed or set it to various modes to see if the behavior goes back to what you are used to. But unless the laptop is overheating or not performing, sounds pretty normal to me.