[SOLVED] [HELP] My gpu fan is working but my Gpu isnt displaying anything on my monitor

RATProdYT

Prominent
Feb 11, 2021
So a few days ago i was just playing a game on my PC fell off of my case and disconnected from the rizer cable, and when i connected it again it wouldn't display anything.
I've tried updating my bios ( nothing ), I've tried Cleaning it ( Nothing ), I've tried booting with one ram stick ( Nothing ), I've tried disabling my onboard.

So i'm not sure what to try now, i hope i can get it to work.

I dont understand something,you said "So a few days ago i was just playing a game on my PC fell off of my case and disconnected from the rizer cable " <- what fell of your case?
<-i suppose gpu.
Have you tried it in the motherboards slot?
List full pc specs,including powersupply.

RATProdYT

Prominent
Feb 11, 2021
oh yeah sorry, so the gpu fell off of the case and the gpu disconnected from the rizer cable.
Also i cant connect the gpu to the motherboard because the case is to small and it wont fit

RATProdYT

Prominent
Feb 11, 2021
This is my specs ->

System Model: HP Compaq 8100 Elite SFF PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHZ (4 CPUs)
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Onboard GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics (I wanna use my NVidia GPU but wont detect)
PSU: HP High Efficiency 240W Max

Worst case is a blown pcie hub or card line, pcie is not hot-swappable.
Before drawing conclusions, I would
  • check GPU for knocked off components
  • check the board slot, the riser cable
  • if it fell onto the board - check it for missing stuff too
  • verify that the psu does not go into protect mode on the +12 aux, the psu is skinny.

RATProdYT

Prominent
Feb 11, 2021
NOOOOOOOOOO thats a dent or scratch which means that my gpu is dead. I dont know how that happened, i always have the fan on the chip, or over the chip

Well thanks for your help :)