Help! My graphic card driver keeps crashing my system (NVIDIA)

PlaguedByWeirdness

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
Hello,

This problem occured around 1 month ago, I have tried EVERYTHING to solve it, nothing worked.
Reinstalling using DDU, 20 other older nvidia drivers, changing power settings and adjusting nvidia control panel settings, still same problem.

Screen first goes black for 1-2 sec, then goes back to normal with ''Driver has stopped working and recovered'', the process repeates for couple of times before computer just shuts down.

I also used GPU-Z to log what happens with my GPU, here it is: https://file.io/Rp1oL8

I really don't know what to do anymore...

Thanks in advance!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It's going to be a little tough to identify - but I would suspect (given what you've described & the troubleshooting you've already done) that there's a dependency somewhere between drivers, and the issue is elsewhere (chipset etc).

How old is your OS install? Was it upgraded from a prior OS (7, 8.x)? Are you other drivers up to date from your motherboard vendors site?

PlaguedByWeirdness

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017

It's a story of its own, first, it started on Win7, I thought it was an OS problem, switched to Win10, everything was alright for first couple of months, but the system started randomly crashing, without ''Driver stopped working'' thing, so I didn't even suspect Graphics Drivers, so I switched back and it continued...
When I went back to win7, all the drivers were deleted, so I used IObit's Driver Booster to update them all.
Also, whenever I delete current Nvidia driver computer works normally, but when I install, doesn't matter which one, it just crashes after some time, to some drivers it's longer, to some shorter, but it all eventually comes to that.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Honestly, it sounds like it's going to take you longer to determine the cause - than a clean install of your OS would take. That would be my suggestion. Back up your files and then format your drive/install the OS.

Windows 10 create media:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Use the tool, create media. Boot from the USB (or DVD) and follow in the prompts. Skip when prompted for a key though - it'll activate when you're back online.

Also, avoid using "driver boosters" etc. Download your drivers directly from the motherboard vendors site and nVidia.

PlaguedByWeirdness

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017

Alright, I'm on it.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

This seems a little extreme at this point. A clean OS will likely fix the issue if it's truly driver related.
Not saying a failing GPU is completely unheard of, but it's a little early to jump to that conclusion IMO.

Incidentally OP, what are your full system specs?

PlaguedByWeirdness

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017

Let's see...

-Nvidia GTX 750
-8 GB RAM
-Win7 Ultimate (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
- AC 230V

PlaguedByWeirdness

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017

Oh, I forgot Motherboard,
It's ASRock H61M-VS,
I left my home 10 minutes ago so I cannot check PSU right now, I just know that i took the computer to service after the problem started and the guy changed it, so I doubt that it's the problem.

At beginning, computer had 4GB RAM and GT 520 graphics card, I bought those parts later on and upgraded PC a little, It's been 3-4 years since that upgrade, now it has 2x4GB Ram sticks. same ones.

PlaguedByWeirdness

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017

UPDATE:

Okay so I upgraded to win10 20minutes ago, most of the drivers were already there, don't know if it's win10 thing or it's taken from win7, since when i install win7 all the drivers are deleted, anyways, downloaded Nvidia driver and no problems so far, let's see how this goes.