Help !! My monitor displays horizontal lines and is laggy ?

vcoolguy

Honorable
Nov 6, 2014
Hello everyone , I am experiencing some display problem with my Samsung SyncMaster S22B370 Monitor . It displays strong horizontal white lines across whole screen at startup and then it goes away . After that it displays colors excessive bright and response time lags like when i move the mouse it displays multiple cursors through all the way through . Also no text is readable .

Following are some troubleshooting that i have done -
- Checked all the wires and connection , none are loose .
- Checked the monitor by plugging it in different HDMI Source .
- Checked with replacing the power adapter .
- Even with no source plugged , only powering the monitor by attaching power adapter , it still displays white lines across whole screen at startup.
Monitor is 3 years old.
Is this type of problem repairable or do i have to get a new monitor ?

I have tested all the cables and HDMI of graphics card , all are working fine with my another monitor. I am attaching some images of faulty monitor .
lJ09kvR.jpg

BafjQi7.jpg

SN2282E.jpg

0AZkzEo.jpg

O42us5s.jpg

There is a sure way of finding out if there is a problem with the monitor.

Try connecting your system to a large Lcd tv if you have one, with a Hdmi on it.

And using the Hdmi port on the graphics card you have, if it has that video output connection.

If the image on the Tv is fine via the Hdmi output port of the graphics card to the Hdmi of the tv set.

Then it points to a problem with the monitor its self.

The most common problem and the causes are when the capacitors of the monitor its self become faulty.
It can result in all manner of problems, from no video signal or display screen showing or working.

To random coloured lines or stripes down the LCD screen of the monitor.
To the back light used in the monitor flickering on and off, or producing waves or a set of lines, or bars light and dark in colour down the lcd screen of the monitor.

The main location where capacitors go bad due to heat and age of the monitor are the power board section of the monitor, or the video signal processing board of the monitor.

Bad caps will look domed on the top of the cap, if you see this.
Then replace each capacitor you see that is domed on the top of it with a new one of the same farad rating, and voltage rating that you will find marked on the side of each capacitor.

Looking at your picture posts, you do have some bad capacitors on the video signal decoding board of the monitor.

Or it is due as said to a bad capacitor on the main power board.

vcoolguy

Honorable
Nov 6, 2014

Thanks for info.

Yes , i have checked by attaching my HDTV as well .

I am 100% sure that the problem is with monitor itself .

My monitor uses external brick power supply of 14v 2.14A . As far as bad capacitors on the driver board , i have checked all the caps but none are bulged , swollen or leaking .

External power adapter has many caps in it . So, i have also tried replacing it with new one . But still it is acting up.

What do you think ? Is there any problem with LCD panel ?