[SOLVED] HELP - My monitors are black but have an input?

May 3, 2020
So, I was playing games on my custom pc and mid-game, my pc suddenly crashed and displayed a blank light grey screen.
-I left my pc for a bit as I had to do something anyway
-I came back and booted onto windows, I logged in and it immediately grey screened again.
-Now don't even see the logon screen, I just have a black screen, but my monitors must be getting some input as they do not display the "no input signal" message and do not go onto sleep mode.
-When my pc boots up, all LEDs turn on, and often, the EZ Debug LED for VGA is lit up. The gpu fan speed is also quite fast, similar to what it is when I play games.
- After doing a bit of research, I thought it may have something to do with the PSU so I cleaned it out with compressed air (not unplugging any cables inside the PC), this did not make a difference.
-I then completely removed my GPU and plugged my monitor into my mobo via HDMI. The PC will boot up fine without the EZ Debug lighting up. It then runs fine and I can use it.
-I then tried with the gpu again, it booted up, the lights and fans turned on, EZ debug VGA LED lit up and I got onto the windows log on screen, it then it black screened.

Thank you very much for reading through that, can I get some suggestions on what I should do?

SPECS:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k (overclocked) + 1 year old
GPU : Palit GTX 1080 + purchased used 1 year ago
MOBO: MSI Z370 tomahawk + 1 year old
RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4 + 3.5 years old
PSU : Corsair CX600 600W + 3.5 years old
Boot Drive : Corsair Force MP500 M.2 120gb + 1 year old

Solution
Thanks for the advice, but sadly this didn't work. I tried a different DisplayPort cable and a different PCIe Slot. Neither made a difference.

It might be the GPU that have a problem with it, if u have any old unused gpu try with those, if it worked than it might be your Current GPU have something to deal with. Hope it isnt broken.
So, I was playing games on my custom pc and mid-game, my pc suddenly crashed and displayed a blank light grey screen.
-I left my pc for a bit as I had to do something anyway
-I came back and booted onto windows, I logged in and it immediately grey screened again.
-Now don't even see the logon screen, I just have a black screen, but my monitors must be getting some input as they do not display the "no input signal" message and do not go onto sleep mode.
-When my pc boots up, all LEDs turn on, and often, the EZ Debug LED for VGA is lit up. The gpu fan speed is also quite fast, similar to what it is when I play games.
- After doing a bit of research, I thought it may have something to do with the PSU so I cleaned it out with compressed air (not unplugging any cables inside the PC), this did not make a difference.
-I then completely removed my GPU and plugged my monitor into my mobo via HDMI. The PC will boot up fine without the EZ Debug lighting up. It then runs fine and I can use it.
-I then tried with the gpu again, it booted up, the lights and fans turned on, EZ debug VGA LED lit up and I got onto the windows log on screen, it then it black screened.

Thank you very much for reading through that, can I get some suggestions on what I should do?

SPECS:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k (overclocked) + 1 year old
GPU : Palit GTX 1080 + purchased used 1 year ago
MOBO: MSI Z370 tomahawk + 1 year old
RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4 + 3.5 years old
PSU : Corsair CX600 600W + 3.5 years old
Boot Drive : Corsair Force MP500 M.2 120gb + 1 year old

Maybe its the VGA Faulty or the PCIe Slot faulty, since you could run it fine with iGPU

May 3, 2020
Hey mate, im literally in the exact same situation as you are, even with nearly the same specs. Let me know if anything ends up working for you!
Right so I replaced my PSU and it sadly did not make a difference, I was wanting to get a new gpu in a few months anyway, so I have bought a new one. That better fix it! If I find out anything else about the problem, I'll let you know

May 4, 2020
Hey mate, I was at the conclusion that its only the psu or motherboard (PCIE slot) that can be at fault. Seeing as you already tried replacing the psu i might gamble on replacing my mobo.