Question Help My New Dark Rock Pro 4 won't cool that much

Sep 8, 2019
My CPU is 8700k 4.3 turbo boost... When im exporting using adobe premiere pro my temp reached 76-77max with my deepcool gammaxx GT TUF after installing DR PRO4 the max temp is now 72 degree...

Same Room Temp(29 degree) Same Exporting file from Adobe...

is this normal to dark rock pro 4?

did i only benefit the dark rock pro 4 when i OC the chip?

Thank You...

Hi

Even though be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 is an amazing cooler, the Deep Cool Gammax GT (TUF) you were using is not a bad cooler at all.

On the subject, perhaps the "export" work load youre using to compare the temps is not heavy enough to show a huge delta on the temps measurement between those two coolers.

You could try, just for the sake of testing (but you will have to install the gammaxx again), to download blender and run the test with both coolers and see what the temp results are.

5°c delta may not sound huge enough for you but is not bad either. And I must insist on this, Deep Cool my not be such a premium/fashion brand like be quiet! and noctua, but thier coolers are not that bad.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Sep 8, 2019
Hi

Even though be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 is an amazing cooler, the Deep Cool Gammax GT (TUF) you were using is not a bad cooler at all.

On the subject, perhaps the "export" work load youre using to compare the temps is not heavy enough to show a huge delta on the temps measurement between those two coolers.

You could try, just for the sake of testing (but you will have to install the gammaxx again), to download blender and run the test with both coolers and see what the temp results are.

5°c delta may not sound huge enough for you but is not bad either. And I must insist on this, Deep Cool my not be such a premium/fashion brand like be quiet! and noctua, but thier coolers are not that bad.
Thank you for your explanation really helps a lot. i will try blender this time to compare this two cooler. this is my first time to compare a cpu cooler...

Reactions: RodroX
my case is Asus TUF Gaming 501, 3 front stock fan, 1 Stock Fan Rear Exhaust and 1 master cooler top exhaust... is it a good setup for my fan?

Im not a fan expert either, and I will let Phaaze88 answer, but I will give my humble point of view: there should be 3 x 120mm fans and 1 x 140mm on the back (all pre-installed) plus the top one you added and that seems to be enough airflow for me.

Once again Im not an expert, and its a long shoot but I would try one thing:

1. unplug the top master cooler fan
  2. put the side cover back
  3. let the system stabilize for 5 mins
  4. Finally test the Adobe premier export" file again (using only the front and rear fans).
A top fan can, in some cases, introduce small turbulence in the air flow. Maybe with such a good cooler (DRP 4 with 2 fans) theres no need for the top one (of course I could be wrong :p and throw worst results).

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
my case is Asus TUF Gaming 501, 3 front stock fan, 1 Stock Fan Rear Exhaust and 1 master cooler top exhaust... is it a good setup for my fan?
Ah, it's a Cooler Master MB511 but with Asus' own accents. Yeah, that's not a bad case at all. You've got the top fan at the back, I take it?
That's a generally good fan setup.

All fans are facing the proper directions, yes? Just checking, because some people do manage to screw this up...

What's your GPU?