[SOLVED] Help! My PC is failing constantly!

Jan 31, 2021
Hi, I'm not that new with PC building, and I've fixed some issues with some PCs I've had, but right now, I'm lost. It's been around 3 days that I've been having a really annoying issue with my computer, it just randomly freezes and disconnects from my Ethernet connection, after that, in intervals of 5 seconds, it freezes and unfreezes, I could notice some things in the Task Manager, just as some spikes in its usage, as you can see.
143704716_2878948722348142_3495049822704501043_n.jpg

Then, after I could go and check my threads, I noticed this:
142939005_169978164582932_8544720757879946170_n.jpg

And I also noticed this in my GPU ussage (Yes, I know, my GPU is too weak for my CPU):
144580119_873502826743215_4782205830799829548_n.jpg

Every time I have this issue I'm forced to restart my PC and it works fine, sometimes it works for about 6 to 8 hours, the last time, it worked just for about 1 hour, and before it worked around 22 hours.
At first, I thought I had some thermal issues, but then everything started getting worse.
I don't really know if this is important, but everything started after I let my cousin play Minecraft in my PC (And he modded Minecraft), I thought it was some kind of malware, and, yes, I had a Bitcoin Miner installed, I succesfully removed it, but I don't know if that could have damaged some Windows 10 files, if that's the case, I'll just make a new Windows 10 install, but I'd like to know your thoughts on this, thank you so much!
I don't know if this actually matters, but these are my specs:
-Ryzen 5 5600x (w/stock cooler)
-Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580
-16 GB DDR4 XPG Spectrix 3200 MHz (2 x 8)
-B550M DS3H
-Aerocool Cylon 700w Bronze 80+
-3 Intake fans and 3 exhaust fans
-240 Adata SSD
-1 TB XPG M.2 NVMe

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

At the time of writing, PSU's with any form of LED in them or RGB, are a no no for buying, unless the unit has been made by Seasonic. Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Are you on an SU650? That SSD is practically a bad SSD. Also, for your NVMe drive, can you state the model for it? We can deduce it's from Adata/XPG.

As for Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 20H2 to be on the latest revision. You can use Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate your bootable installer.

Lutfij

Titan

At the time of writing, PSU's with any form of LED in them or RGB, are a no no for buying, unless the unit has been made by Seasonic. Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Are you on an SU650? That SSD is practically a bad SSD. Also, for your NVMe drive, can you state the model for it? We can deduce it's from Adata/XPG.

As for Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 20H2 to be on the latest revision. You can use Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate your bootable installer.

Reactions: Fer1678
Solution

DSzymborski

Titan

There's actually a Super Flower Leadex III with RGB now! Though you can still count the non-garbage RGB PSUs and have fingers left over.

Considering there was a virus on the PC, I'd do a full wipe-and-reinstall just for safety and eliminate any software cause. And I would no longer let my cousin use this PC.

Reactions: Fer1678
Jan 31, 2021
Sure, I actually tried everything you guys told me to do haha, and nothing seemed to work, but something that seems to work was just disabling XMP on my RAMs, I didn't think that would even be an option, but I thought "Meh, I'll just see what happens" and I've been using my PC for around 1 day straigth, just to see if that issue shows up again, and now ... It is working fine, so, I think I'll work with 2666 MHz for now.
Sure, my NVMe is XPG and sorry, I made a mistake, my SSD isn't Adata, its Kingston, I don't even know how I could mess it up that way lmao
And I don't exactly know my BIOS version, but I've updated it to the latest version just to be able to use Ryzen 5000, so I think it doesn't has anything to do. My Windows 10 version is... 20H2, indeed, thanks for your help guys! I'll tell you if the issue repeats, if it doesn't, I'll assume my RAM was damaged and well, I think that's the best case scenario, assuming I was thinking it was something related to my MB or CPU.

Reactions: refillable