[SOLVED] Help my poor 95C Ryzen 3600 please!

harry_redhead

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
Hi all!

Built a fantastic build a while back but I've been struggling badly with thermals. First I had an issue with the 3600 defaulting to 1.4v, ensuring 100C+ under load. But now with 1.3V I'm getting 88C, and my 1.35V is even hitting 95 in Project Cars 2! I only realised thanks to England being freezing cold but my room being super warm after a 4 hour stint in the 24 hours of Le Mans. I don't have a set budget at the moment but I'd prefer cheaper over RGB, and I'm not very experienced in AIOs/Water Cooling but I wouldn't mind an AIO.

Thanks all!

EDIT: For those curious, my idles are a toasty 40-45C!

Solution
Idle temps are perfect. It's not the case, nor the cooling. Has everything to do with cpu settings, and exactly what software is running.

A Ryzen can hit upto 1.5v at idle/low current loads, 1.325v at middling current and closer to 1.2v at high current/max loads. If you are hitting 1.4v/1.3v at maximum output, you have an OC, as Ryzen Master doesn't allow that.

harry_redhead

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
I'm sure someone going to ask for your system specs. I'm more interested in what case you have and specifically how many intake/exhaust fans and if they are facing the right way to do their job.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth
Thermal Paste: MX4
GPU: XFX Thicc III 5700XT
RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT
HDD: 2TB WD Green
SSD: 240GB Kingston SATA & 1TB Sabrent NVMe
PSU: Corsair VS650
Case: Fractal Design G Focus, default 2x 120mm front fan layout + 140mm aftermarket rear fan

All fans are facing the correct way (rear as output and front as input). My graphics card hits 65-70 max so it's not a case temp issue

As GorillaMonsoon said, post your full PC specs.
Also, take a pic of the inside of the PC and post it through imgur.com or something similar.

View: https://imgur.com/a/1a3azzO

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
There is something wrong with your setup. Are you running the cpu stock? Because you mention static vcore values.
If these temps are stock and from a valid software your heatsink is not properly mounted I guess.
You could still benefit from a new cooler though.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Idle temps are perfect. It's not the case, nor the cooling. Has everything to do with cpu settings, and exactly what software is running.

A Ryzen can hit upto 1.5v at idle/low current loads, 1.325v at middling current and closer to 1.2v at high current/max loads. If you are hitting 1.4v/1.3v at maximum output, you have an OC, as Ryzen Master doesn't allow that.

Solution