HELP my profile on Windows got deleted out of nowhere

NotsogoodwithPCs

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2015
So I saved my windows 8.1 onto a usb because I have new pc components coming in later today, and everything was working fine yesterday when I used my PC for the remainder of the day.

But today when I logged on my PC, it said it was loading up windows when I signed in, got a little notification on my task bar saying to view event history and the next time I sign in I'd require something or be locked out I believe. So it signed me in but it looks like I'm using some temporary account. My wallpaper is deleted, I was signed out of absolutely everything, etc. My hard drive didnt get deleted but is this because I put Windows 8.1 on a USB? Or is this a potential virus although I doubt that one cause my PC wasn't acting any differently last night.

Please I really need some help >.<

NotsogoodwithPCs

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2015

I went to the Microsoft website and followed this procedure from one of the Tom's Team Members.

"Does the system still work?
If so, install and run Belarc Advisor. That will probably discover your 8.1 license key.
Then, go to MS and download/create a bootable USB or DVD.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windo...

Boot from that with the new hardware, and install."

NotsogoodwithPCs

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2015

I figured it created some separate Windows 8.1 file on the USB seeing as it was a retail versioned of it. I wasn't aware it could potentially wipe my current Windows 8.1 on my personal pc upon saving it if thats what happened.

But I followed these steps from one of the Tom's Team Members on this site.

"Does the system still work?
If so, install and run Belarc Advisor. That will probably discover your 8.1 license key.
Then, go to MS and download/create a bootable USB or DVD.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windo...

Boot from that with the new hardware, and install."