[SOLVED] Help! My Ryzen 7 1700 temp is 37 C and my am4 chipset is running at 44 C while in the UEFI. Is this safe temps?

Aug 8, 2019
Help! My Ryzen 7 1700 temp is 37 C and my am4 chipset is running at 44 C while in the UEFI. Is this safe temps? also my room temp is around 82 F

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Herald
Bios is a load temp, not idle. You'll only get idle temps after windows is fully booted and any startup services and processes are finished. Because there's a load, the VRM's are active with voltage regulation, higher than idle. More work = more heat.

Idle on my i7 pc is 32°C, ambient is 23°C, bios temps run 44°C.

extreme_noob

Notable
Jul 30, 2018
Ryzen CPU's do tend to idle warmer than usual, and 37C is pretty good considering your higher than usual ambient temps. The chipset temps are to be expected with a high ambient temp and passive cooling.

But forget idle temps. Your load temps are really all you should be worried about. Run a CPU benchmark or stress test and if the temps stay below 75C you are fine.

Karadjgne

Titan
Herald
Bios is a load temp, not idle. You'll only get idle temps after windows is fully booted and any startup services and processes are finished. Because there's a load, the VRM's are active with voltage regulation, higher than idle. More work = more heat.

Idle on my i7 pc is 32°C, ambient is 23°C, bios temps run 44°C.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts