[SOLVED] Help! My Ryzen 7 1700 temp is 37 C and my am4 chipset is running at 44 C while in the UEFI. Is this safe temps?

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
Help! My Ryzen 7 1700 temp is 37 C and my am4 chipset is running at 44 C while in the UEFI. Is this safe temps? also my room temp is around 82 F

Last edited:
Solution
Bios is a load temp, not idle. You'll only get idle temps after windows is fully booted and any startup services and processes are finished. Because there's a load, the VRM's are active with voltage regulation, higher than idle. More work = more heat.

Idle on my i7 pc is 32°C, ambient is 23°C, bios temps run 44°C.
Ryzen CPU's do tend to idle warmer than usual, and 37C is pretty good considering your higher than usual ambient temps. The chipset temps are to be expected with a high ambient temp and passive cooling.

But forget idle temps. Your load temps are really all you should be worried about. Run a CPU benchmark or stress test and if the temps stay below 75C you are fine.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Bios is a load temp, not idle. You'll only get idle temps after windows is fully booted and any startup services and processes are finished. Because there's a load, the VRM's are active with voltage regulation, higher than idle. More work = more heat.

Idle on my i7 pc is 32°C, ambient is 23°C, bios temps run 44°C.

Solution