Help! My screen spazzez out

tloves2run

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I am not really tech savvy at all, but I need help! When I play any type of game like fable or oblivion my computer will display lines of color and shapes during game play that will either go away, get worse, or get worse and my computer will crash. It has only happened recently. I wiped my hard drive to factory settings and have gotten all the driver updates for the computer and graphics card. I am running on windows xp pro, and have an Nvidia Ge Force Go 7 graphics card for laptops with its ow dedicated memory ( I forgot how much though) I was just wondering why this is happening and if its my graphics card, mother board, CPU, or my computer over heating? Any suggestions (in laymens terms) would be awsome! Thanks

Gary H

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Same problem here. BFG 6800GT. Random lines, triangles and small blocks appear all over the screen in COD, oblivion etc. It did it before really bad, like this.
shot0132weird.jpg

Then in was working fine for awhile, now I get flashes on the screen and the blocks popping up. Video card or something else? Normal screen is fine, just happens in games. And this is recent, worked fine a month ago.

Thanks.

Gary H

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
56c/133f when running normal windows, a little hotter when playing games. When I stress test it with fumark it goes way up. Fans are working and the MB CPU temp doesnt get very hot, 24c/77f. GPU ambiant is usually 43c/109f. Again, stress testing it really shoots the temp up. I know one of the GPU fans is working fine, didnt check the other. Are they replaceable?

Gary H

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
It's OC'd from BFG but I havent other than that. I'll check the temp right after playing a game and it hasnt changed. When I stressed it in fumark, the screen went plaid after a couple minutes. No space balls pun intended... LOL

Gary H

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
furmark13.jpg

The temp climbs when the animation runs, then drops when I turn it off pretty quick. Must be heat related, I know one of the fans works on the card, I'll have to check the other. And the card is clean, no dust.

You can see some of the lines and blocks in this one
furmark12.jpg

fpsdominator

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Well those temps are fine for that card.
And you said you have not overclocked it.
With artifacts like that, your video card is probably dying.
I would be happy to help pick out a new card if you would like.

Gary H

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I'm kind of limited since it's AGP. When it dies, I'll probably get either a BFG GeForce 7300 GT or the Radeon HD 4670. Going to be hard to find something comparable though. Dont think the 7300 is even close...