Nov 22, 2019
ok so the actual issue is this... i bought an external SSD to use as my games drive for my pc (the SSD is compatible) as my old HDD blew...

Basically the crazy thing is when i try to install files/games (only noticed it with Rockstar Launcher today - to scared to try Steam etc until i get an answer lol) .... it splits them!!!!

Rockstar started on my C: (256 G SSD) i did *Send to >>> Fast SSD D: (thats what Pc calls it but its a Segate) ... once sent to D: i tried oppening the launcher shortcut (file no longer exists delete Shortcut?) so i did... tried loading it direct from D: but it said something like Cannot Open From this Location/Something Unsual is stopping this from loading from this location *

So i uninstalled it (control Panel + CCLeaner + reset PC) ... redownloaded (to D:) tried installing Red Dead 2 but it would hang infinitely... some reason i decided to check C: for leftover files... there was Social Club staring me in the face!!! (C:/Progfiles/Rockstar/Social Club - this was the only file of the entire set in this location ... The rest (including another copy of Social Club) Was on D:/Rockstar Games.... !!!

Then once (somehow, i don't know how) it had finished Processing (i tried five more DL + Inst + CClean +reset!!!! lol And each time it split the files!!!) the download speed was hanging at 0.00bytes /.... 112.5GB

*SSD (D:) is 1TB C: SSD is 256G * - reason i am installing to D: is obviously due to C: is almost full i cant delete anything (and am worried about transferring others to D: due to above issues)

has anyone ever heard of such a thing and know of a fix??? (brought it brand new yesterday for £109)

---------------

And to be clear... this was working fine when it installed destiny 2 last night (made a Steam Library on my D:/ with no issues and it runs)

----------

Segate Box says Segate Fast 1TB SSD the box is green and white and the SSD is silver/black (metal top/black plastic under) and says Segate in shiney letters on the top) *reason for this, is it *official (brought from amazon)

Nov 22, 2019
one final comment = when i do a 100% fresh instal (back on C:) nothing transfers over to D : (as i say only reeason i am trying to put on D : is due to space)

----------

Don't know if this matters but the SSD is connect to my USB Hub (both Hub + SSD are 3.0) is it because it is not plugged into the pc itself?