Winows says file windows\systems32\config\system is corrupt or missing. It
says that I can attempt repair using the original setup CD Rom and typing "R"
at the first screen. I have an Emachine 4160. It was loaded at time of
purchase and only recovery disc were supplied. I can reboot with the recovery
disc but " how can I save my pictures "? Attempts to enter safe mode have
been unsuccessful.
--
California Fan Man

JJ

You have a corrupted registry , very nasty! Repair using the MS registry
repair deletion and rewriting ( find MS article) . This will save your
pictures if successful. Reformatting and reinstalling is easier , but all is
lost. JJ

"Lil road pup" <Lilroadpup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Winows says file windows\systems32\config\system is corrupt or missing. It
> says that I can attempt repair using the original setup CD Rom and typing
> "R"
> at the first screen. I have an Emachine 4160. It was loaded at time of
> purchase and only recovery disc were supplied. I can reboot with the
> recovery
> disc but " how can I save my pictures "? Attempts to enter safe mode have
> been unsuccessful.
> --
> California Fan Man

I've had this happen to me. For me, the best way was to go through recovery
console. I used boot disks for this. There is an article about it in the
support section . Sorry that I dont have the link handy. Everything should be
in a file on ur hard drive after you go through recovery console.