Question HELP MYPCS ACTING STUPID

Apr 29, 2019
i recently built my PC and i got a GTX 2070 as the GPU and it worked for the first 28 or so hours i played on my PC but then it wouldn't work and the monitor said there is no hdmi detected so i switched my monitors but the same thing happened and every time i turn on my PC the GPU fans start spinning so fast it gets so loud and the GPU fans don't slow down i'm not sure what to do any recommendations?

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well after reading same problem on geforce forums, the person managed to fix it by checking on his power cables, he had a power cable not correctly plugged so his GPU fan's kept going up to 100% then going back to normal after a few minutes.

Apr 29, 2019
my problem is that every time i turn on PC the GPU fans get up to 100% and there is no input detected from the HDMI as well as the display-ports aren't being picked up on my monitor and i cant even do anything and i'm not sure what to do?

Dreamevil55

Honorable
May 4, 2016
my problem is that every time i turn on PC the GPU fans get up to 100% and there is no input detected from the HDMI as well as the display-ports aren't being picked up on my monitor and i cant even do anything and i'm not sure what to do?
It's a power or a thermal issue most probably. Try and check the card on a different system maybe ? Say on a friend's PC and check if it works ?

Reactions: iMatty

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
It's a power or a thermal issue most probably. Try and check the card on a different system maybe ? Say on a friend's PC and check if it works ?

I remember seeing other member having the same issue, he fixed it by double checking on the power supply cables going to the GPU.
And also if you are using the same wire as a split like 8 pin + 4 pin don't use the same wire.
Use two different wires that should help fix the issue.