Help - need Gigabyte GA-7DX manual

Jules48

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2001
I just got hold of a Gigabyte GA7-DX but without a manual. Gigabyte have a GA-7DXC manual to download but some of the jumpers and connectors are different. Could anyone who has this board perhaps mail me off-list (jules@trailermen.com) - I just need to try and get the front panel connector settings. Or if anyone's seen a pdf anywhere plerhaps they could let me know.

Many thanks.

Jules

G

Information on the GA-7DX board is on Microns web site. It is the mobo that comes in the Millennia Max XP. Go to the support section, then choose technical support homepage, then choose Desktops under the support heading, then select Millennia Max XP from the list. Then select technical reference from under the links and doc section. This includes tech info on the whole comp including the the GA-7DX mobo and its jumper settings. Hope this helps.

Jules48

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2001
I'm downloading it now - exactly what I needed.

Thanks a million - believe it or not I just spoke to Gigabyte in the US and even they don't have a friggin manual for the GA-7DX!

Jules

Jules48

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2001
I don't believe it - the damn technical reference has everything except the actual jumper settings for front panel connections! Typical.

Oh well. Thanks anyway - anyone else have any ideas, I'm getting a bit desperate!

Jules

G

might the connections be the same as on some of giga-bytes other 7 series boards? Just a thought.

pill128

Take your pill, and get some sleep.

G

Sorry that didnt help Jules. It looks like no one knows whats going on with that mobo. I was told by a Micron tech that the GA-7DX that they are shipping dosent support 266DDR, only 200DDR even though everything Ive read about the board says it does. I was told that "They discovered unacceptable electronic noise with certain component combinations, and is implementing a motherboard tweak and a BIOS ugdate to correct the problem." He couldnt tell my if the one currently shipping will be able to with a BIOS update or not. Best he could do was say that some people he talked to said you should be able to, while others said that I wouldnt. The worst thing about this, is I ordered a comp from them 4 days ago and was told that the mobo supported both. Then I read something on ZDnet that raised some doubts in my mind so I called to find this out. Any way I hope to find out some more tomorrow, I hope it works out or Im going to tell them they can keep the comp I ordered.

G

By the way, how did you get ahold of Gigabyte? I only found a email and havent gotten a reply back yet. I was hoping that talking to them might help me out.

Jules48

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2001
I got the number off the website (Company->Contact Us->USA (near the top)).

I just checked and the number is 1 (626) 854-9338.

Good luck. By the way, the GA7-DX does work at 266 (According to a contact at AMD, but only the very latest revision). They had some problems with it I guess.

Jules