Question *Help needed* cpu thermal trip

May 25, 2021
I bought a used pc and i swapped everything with new parts except cpu and mobo i turned it on for installing os it after 5 min it turned off i thought windows was restarting for installation i waited for 20 minutes but no it doesn't restart so i turned it on again while booting it said cpu thermal trip so i cleaned the thermal paste and used it again and turned it on same issue again i even changed the heat sink issue is not solved checked the cmos and replaced psu replaced ram and i even rebuild the pc again but the issue is not solved
Specs
Cpu - pentium e5200
Mobo - intel dg31pr
Foxin heatsink
4gb (2×2)ddr2 ram
240gb ssd
Foxin 450w psu

May 25, 2021
It means the CPU temperature is higher than the allowed range.

Make sure the thermal paste you used is a good one and check your heat-sink installation again, if the heat-sink doesn't sit straight on the CPU and properly secured, it can't help with cooling the CPU.
I checket it its perfect and im using cooler master thermal paste

Nope... i dont have any other cpu okay but which Xeon CPU

https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel/DG31PR.html

The Xeon are at the end of the list.

Someone says that Quad core should work but I can't speak about it without actually having tested, the Xeon are cheap now and should be able to give you a significant boost of performance (compared to the current E5200).

Last edited:
Reactions: Divin_3
May 25, 2021
That's good, I'm afraid that you still use the plastic pins which could pop out any time, and pressing the pins down usually bend the motherboard.
[/QUOTE
I changed the processor but issue is not solved it still shows cpu thermal trip is there any problem with the motherboard