HELP NEEDED! DESPERATE! samsung s24d590pl monitor not working.

AngryWarlock

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
So I've build my own gaming pc and everything seems to be working fine, expect my monitor. I got it to works twice by plugging a vga cable into my monitor and my monitor, but I'm using a gtx970 so the cable needs to be plugged into the graphics card. I use a dvi-a-vga cable now, but it doesn't work. A other monitor I borrowed works fine with a dvi cable, but my samsung monitor doesn't. Sometimes when I press a key it does flash white and when there is no cable plugged in it displays a glitchy screen with red and lines of white dots, or something else.

Desperate for help!!

Solution
Are you connecting the DVI to VGA cable into the DVI-I port on your graphics card? DVI-I carries an analog signal along with a digital signal, the analog is needed for VGA. So if you have it connected to a DVI-D (digital) output then you will not receive a signal.
Are you connecting the DVI to VGA cable into the DVI-I port on your graphics card? DVI-I carries an analog signal along with a digital signal, the analog is needed for VGA. So if you have it connected to a DVI-D (digital) output then you will not receive a signal.

Solution

AngryWarlock

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014

Here is the problem: I need to connect something to my video card because otherwise my pc won't recognise it :(

AngryWarlock

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014

Okay, so HDMI works, but it is not recognising my gtx 970 :(

I am a little confused, what do you mean it works but it won't recognize the 970? You will either get an image or you won't. Do you have the latest nvidia drivers installed?

AngryWarlock

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014

Fixed it with a dvi-hdmi cable, thanks for the help though