[SOLVED] Help needed for battery replacement

Dec 6, 2020
I own HP Pavilion gaming 15-cx0056wm and its battery died so i was looking for a replacement. It currently has 11.55Volt, 52.5Wh battery. I found15.4V 70.07Wh battery of same model number in a website. So can I replace it with a 15.4V battery ?

Solution
I own HP Pavilion gaming 15-cx0056wm and its battery died so i was looking for a replacement. It currently has 11.55Volt, 52.5Wh battery. I found15.4V 70.07Wh battery of same model number in a website. So can I replace it with a 15.4V battery ?
Hi there. No, it is better not to use a battery with the different voltage on your laptop or its internal components would get damaged.

While it is always best practice to use the most compatible devices with your laptop, in the case of charger adapters for laptops, you can use chargers with higher amper output but with the same voltage level, while even that will sometimes cause some problems, but you should almost never use a charger with higher or lower voltage...

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Hi there. No, it is better not to use a battery with the different voltage on your laptop or its internal components would get damaged.

While it is always best practice to use the most compatible devices with your laptop, in the case of charger adapters for laptops, you can use chargers with higher amper output but with the same voltage level, while even that will sometimes cause some problems, but you should almost never use a charger with higher or lower voltage.
https://superuser.com/questions/33207/laptop-battery-is-voltage-really-important-to-respect

hope this helps

Solution