Question Help Needed For Choosing GPU For First PC Build

Jul 14, 2019
I wanted to buy a new PC for casual 144 hz at 60+ FPS gaming and studying. I have chosen the Ryzen 5 3600x as the cpu and the b450 tomahawk as the motherboard. AS THIS IS MY FIRST PC, I don't have much experience. I have trouble choosing the GPU. In my country the rx vega 56 is 320$ and the rtx 2060 is starting at 440$. The rx 5700 is starting at 450$. I have decided to buy the vega 56 BECAUSE IT DESTROYS the Rx 580 at gaming...

My Config could be like this-
CPU- RYZEN 5 3600X
MOBO-MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
RAM- CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X8 GB 3200MHZ
HDD- 1 TB WD BLUE
SSD-KINGSTON A400 480 GB
GPU-MAYBE VEGA 56
MY CASE AND POWER SUPPLY ARE NOT DECIDED YET.
IS THIS OK? Should I buy the rx vega 56 asus rog 8 gb or some other company's gpu? Or a whole other graphics card? Is my build okay?

Jul 14, 2019
You don't make ANY mention of what resolution your monitor is, and since that's kind of important when it comes to what graphics card is going to be suitable, it might be a good idea to share that.
My monitor is a curved 24 inch 1920x1080 pixels display. I will mostly Play games on high or ultra settings.

Last edited:
For 1080p the RX580, Vega 56, GTX 1060 6GB or GTX 1660TI are all fine, or obviously anything higher tiered than those as well.

The Vega 56 would be fine for you if that is going to save you money over the newer 5700 models. I would recommend that you look at 650w or higher models when it comes to the power supply. 600w is plenty, but there are few models that are 600w these days which have decent enough build quality and performance that I'd recommend them.

I'd probably try to stick to Seasonic Focus, Focus plus, Prime, or EVGA G2, G3, GQ, P2, T2, or Corsair TX, RM or HX models (AX as well if you want a very high end unit) or possibly Antec High current gamer or True power classic. I would avoid anything in the 520w or 620w capacities as these will all be units based on Seasonics older group regulated platform, and I'd avoid the Seasonic S12III models as these are farmed out to a third party manufacturer and don't seem to be very good quality overall.

Reactions: Neon_Lenox
Jul 14, 2019
For 1080p the RX580, Vega 56, GTX 1060 6GB or GTX 1660TI are all fine, or obviously anything higher tiered than those as well.

The Vega 56 would be fine for you if that is going to save you money over the newer 5700 models. I would recommend that you look at 650w or higher models when it comes to the power supply. 600w is plenty, but there are few models that are 600w these days which have decent enough build quality and performance that I'd recommend them.

I'd probably try to stick to Seasonic Focus, Focus plus, Prime, or EVGA G2, G3, GQ, P2, T2, or Corsair TX, RM or HX models (AX as well if you want a very high end unit) or possibly Antec High current gamer or True power classic. I would avoid anything in the 520w or 620w capacities as these will all be units based on Seasonics older group regulated platform, and I'd avoid the Seasonic S12III models as these are farmed out to a third party manufacturer and don't seem to be very good quality overall.
Thanks. That helped me a lot😀😀

Jul 14, 2019
Sure thing.
Could you help me to choose from the above mentioned cards? Nvidia or AMD? the rx vega is around 320$ and the rx 580 is just 30$ less here in my country. THe GTX 1060 6 gb is around 250$ and the 1660 ti is very expensive starting at 350$ considered that it is inferior to the rx vega 56...Also could you tell me which case would be good for a black and purple themed simple build??👽👽

I can't TELL you what to buy. All I can tell you is that any of those will give you good 1080p performance. Find a card that is within your budget that is made by a brand that has some kind of fairly close regional support so that in the event there is ever a problem and it has to be replaced, it won't be a tremendous and expensive headache. That is probably the MOST important consideration.

Not much point in saving money if the card is from ASUS (For example only) and ASUS does not have an RMA center anywhere near you, causing you to have to spend half the cost of the card to send it to them and back in order to get it replaced if something goes wrong with it.

Last edited: