[HELP NEEDED] Is it worthy to change the usb polling rate of wireless mouse?

ron2456

Distinguished
Why is the wireless mouse (Logitech m235) not as smooth as the basic logitech m100r wired mouse.
The wired mouse movements were much smoother but this wireless mouse movements are not at all smooth. The Unifying receiver is plugged in the front of the case and not at the back of the motherboard I/O.

Is it normal for wireless mice to exhibit this behaviour? Should I return the mouse and buy a normal wired mouse?

Lutfij

Titan
It's possible that the receiver is conflicting with another wireless device in your work area/vicinity. Have you taken the mouse+receiver to another system to rule out an issue with the USB ports? You can take the device/receiver to the shop you purchased it and see if the issue is replicated on their system.

What OS are you working with?

ron2456

Distinguished
Yes i tried with a M185 it worked great. It was a normal receiver. The new M235 has unifying receiver.
I do have a wifi router above my head where I sit.
I opted for a replacement from amazon. Lets see what happens. I use windows 10 x64 v1803

ron2456

Distinguished

Looks like the issue is present even on a different system with a different mouse. I have to live with this I think

ron2456

Distinguished
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ron2456 : "Any Idea how to make Wireless mouse movement smoother?"

As asked in the title, I want to make the cursor movement smoother on my wireless mouse.
Thank you. I already Use a razer mousepad speed edition.
Mouse is a Logi M235 Unifying connected to the front 2.0 port on my cabinet.
Motherboard and cpu specs in signature.

ron2456

Distinguished
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ron2456 : "Is it worthy to increase the usb polling rate?"

Is it worthy and okay to increase the default usb polling rate of 125 of my wireless mouse to smooth out its cursor movement? My motherboard is a Ax370 gaming rev1.1. and rest specs in signature, i am running windows 10 pro x64 and the mouse in question is the Logi M235 with Unifying receiver.