Help needed, no signal with GPU in 2 boards

bennikl

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
I would be happy if anyone could tell me anything I didn't check or tried out yet, as my problem is strange and I don't know what could be the reason.

The (new) GPU (vega 56, checked in another working pc), when connected to the PCI extender (in phanteks evolv shift case), in Z370 mini itx motherboard - on screen there's no signal.

When connected to the integrated GFX, no issues.

Tried already:

1)GPU in another PC - OK
2)another non phanteks extender that works in another pc with another GPU - no signal
3) tried 2 different motherboards (new)
4) changed uefi/bios settings to extender on/external gpu as main/not as main output
5) tried another working GPU from another PC (GTX 1060) - no signal / same

When GPU is installed, it's fan spins fast and keeps going, no signal even when connecting the cable to the integrated GFX...

What did I overlook/ doesn't work here?

Thanks very much in advance for any help

Solution
So the issue is when you use the PCI extender only? Did you check with the vendor of the card to see if there are issues using one? From what you described you tried, does not work with two different extenders, works OK on another PC normally correct? Seems the issue is with using an extender on that card.
So the issue is when you use the PCI extender only? Did you check with the vendor of the card to see if there are issues using one? From what you described you tried, does not work with two different extenders, works OK on another PC normally correct? Seems the issue is with using an extender on that card.

Solution