[SOLVED] Help needed on a GPU

KDashe

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
Hi,

I'm pretty terrible when it comes to PCs especially when it comes to parts.

My little brother has just be bought a new PC for his birthday. However, my mum forgot to include a GPU in the order.

The mother board is an Asus A320M-R Micro ATX. I've just bought a GPU but had to send it back today as it was to big.

If possible, could someone please suggest a decent GPU that is compatible with this motherboard. I have a budget of £145.00 to stick to.

Thanks

Solution
I would say that is also what she did. That PSU is probably of questionable quality, so I would say a GTX 1650 is what you should go with. Definitely upgrade to a good quality PSU, and a better CPU, asap. That A10 is pretty weak.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB AERO ITX OC Video Card (£136.36 @ Box Limited)
Total: £136.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-06 22:27 BST+0100

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
You haven't told us what case you have, and being as the previous one you said was too big, it means we need to know the case size to know if whatever GPU we recommend will fit.

GPU is PCIe standard, so any GPU will work with it really.

What is the rest of the system spec?
(this will allow us to see what might be a suitable GPU to put in said system)

What is the PSU make and model?
(can't get a high end GPU if the PSU isn't up to scratch)

What is the monitor refresh rate and resolution?
(this will dictate what level of power you need your GPU to be)

What case is it?
(you said the previous GPU was too big, so we need to know so we also don't recommend one that is too big)

Last edited:
Reactions: King_V

logainofhades

Titan
I would say that is also what she did. That PSU is probably of questionable quality, so I would say a GTX 1650 is what you should go with. Definitely upgrade to a good quality PSU, and a better CPU, asap. That A10 is pretty weak.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB AERO ITX OC Video Card (£136.36 @ Box Limited)
Total: £136.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-06 22:27 BST+0100

Solution