[SOLVED] Help needed! Removed Store app via PowerShell command guide.

GreenWitcher

Honorable
Sep 13, 2015
Hey there. I'm a first time learner when it comes to power shell, and I more or less have the gist of it. But it seems that this guide here: https://winaero.com/how-to-remove-all-bundled-apps-in-windows-10/ -> https://winaero.com/how-to-restore-windows-store-in-windows-10-after-removing-it-with-powershell/, pretty much did not anticipate my version or build as I cannot reinstall the Microsoft Store app again! I followed everything to the letter, and I cannot even so much as find the app folder in WindowsApps.

I basically just need the Microsoft Store installed again. I don't care about any of the other apps quite frankly.

Also in addition, I used to get the start menu moved to a different monitor by using software called DisplayFusion (I am on multi-monitor). Now ever since I used that guide, the start menu doesn't carry over again. Is there another app package I'm missing?

Thanks a million in advanced!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you read the comments under the winaero articles? It seems a lot of people had problems with the second link not working. Perhaps a fix is in the comments there?

Did you think to ask there as if you following advice off a website they should be the ones to help you figure it out.

Not trying to be rude, its just sensible. I try not to follow advice I don't fully understand or at least know isn't dangerous. I haven't tried to remove anything from WIn 10 so I don't have any experience using powershell to remove packages... I have shown it to others though.

GreenWitcher

Honorable
Sep 13, 2015
Did you read the comments under the winaero articles? It seems a lot of people had problems with the second link not working. Perhaps a fix is in the comments there?

Did you think to ask there as if you following advice off a website they should be the ones to help you figure it out.

Not trying to be rude, its just sensible. I try not to follow advice I don't fully understand or at least know isn't dangerous. I haven't tried to remove anything from WIn 10 so I don't have any experience using powershell to remove packages... I have shown it to others though.

Hey thanks for the reply. Well I already tried the comments, and it seems that the comments are moderated, not sure if anyone still looks at those guides. I tweeted today, so maybe that'll do something. I looked in the website and I honestly couldn't find anything else besides the comments below the guides. Not sure what else besides other forums. =\

Colif

Win 11 Master
I totally understand asking here. I was just venting a frustration we often feel when someone comes to us to fix someone elses advice going wrong. Its not your fault.

I am not a mean person, I felt wrong saying it. So sorry about that :)

Did any of the advice suggest running system restore and seeing if you have a date prior to the removal of store?
type "restore" then open "create a restore point"
create a new Restore Point now for C-drive
then open the newest restore point that is prior to the problem happening (if you have one)

see if anything in this thread helps - https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/8284-how-reinstall-store-5.html

GreenWitcher

Honorable
Sep 13, 2015
Ah thanks, it is helpful to know some of that. So I found a way to reinstall the Windows Store. But it looks like it won't open. It basically just closes as soon as the window pops up. Not sure if I'm missing something?