[SOLVED] Help needed! Removed Store app via PowerShell command guide.

GreenWitcher

Honorable
Sep 13, 2015
Hey there. I'm a first time learner when it comes to power shell, and I more or less have the gist of it. But it seems that this guide here: https://winaero.com/how-to-remove-all-bundled-apps-in-windows-10/ -> https://winaero.com/how-to-restore-windows-store-in-windows-10-after-removing-it-with-powershell/, pretty much did not anticipate my version or build as I cannot reinstall the Microsoft Store app again! I followed everything to the letter, and I cannot even so much as find the app folder in WindowsApps.

I basically just need the Microsoft Store installed again. I don't care about any of the other apps quite frankly.

Also in addition, I used to get the start menu moved to a different monitor by using software called DisplayFusion (I am on multi-monitor). Now ever since I used that guide, the start menu doesn't carry over again. Is there another app package I'm missing?

Thanks a million in advanced!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you read the comments under the winaero articles? It seems a lot of people had problems with the second link not working. Perhaps a fix is in the comments there?

Did you think to ask there as if you following advice off a website they should be the ones to help you figure it out.

Not trying to be rude, its just sensible. I try not to follow advice I don't fully understand or at least know isn't dangerous. I haven't tried to remove anything from WIn 10 so I don't have any experience using powershell to remove packages... I have shown it to others though.

GreenWitcher

Honorable
Sep 13, 2015
Did you read the comments under the winaero articles? It seems a lot of people had problems with the second link not working. Perhaps a fix is in the comments there?

Did you think to ask there as if you following advice off a website they should be the ones to help you figure it out.

Not trying to be rude, its just sensible. I try not to follow advice I don't fully understand or at least know isn't dangerous. I haven't tried to remove anything from WIn 10 so I don't have any experience using powershell to remove packages... I have shown it to others though.

Hey thanks for the reply. Well I already tried the comments, and it seems that the comments are moderated, not sure if anyone still looks at those guides. I tweeted today, so maybe that'll do something. I looked in the website and I honestly couldn't find anything else besides the comments below the guides. Not sure what else besides other forums. =\

Colif

Win 11 Master
I totally understand asking here. I was just venting a frustration we often feel when someone comes to us to fix someone elses advice going wrong. Its not your fault.

I am not a mean person, I felt wrong saying it. So sorry about that :)

Did any of the advice suggest running system restore and seeing if you have a date prior to the removal of store?
type "restore" then open "create a restore point"
create a new Restore Point now for C-drive
then open the newest restore point that is prior to the problem happening (if you have one)

see if anything in this thread helps - https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/8284-how-reinstall-store-5.html

GreenWitcher

Honorable
Sep 13, 2015
Ah thanks, it is helpful to know some of that. So I found a way to reinstall the Windows Store. But it looks like it won't open. It basically just closes as soon as the window pops up. Not sure if I'm missing something?

TRENDING THREADS