Question Help Needed - SLI Not workin on 1080TI Cards

Oct 4, 2022
Looking for some assistance please.

I am using 2 1080 TI cards and I am trying to SLI them however it's not being detected in the Nvidia control panel.

The SLI option isn't there.

Settings.jpg

I was wondering if this could be due to using risers for one of the cards?

1.jpg

I ended up taking the card off the riser & putting it in the machine, still the same result.

inside.jpg

Motherboard
motherboard.jpg
it says SLI on the box

I'm starting to think this SLI isn't going to work because of the slots I'm using

These 1080 TI's are watercooled using the NXZT G12 kit so they take up 3 slots in the motherboard

The first card is in the right slot (PCI X16) but the other card might be in a x4 slot

is that going to cause SLI to not be detected within windows 10?

That would be the issue, SLI needs x8 lanes, at minimum.
A riser to the correct PCIe lane should help, cant speak for that one specifically but it should be fine.
Additionally, you may want to look into high bandwidth SLI bridges for your setup.

A riser to the correct PCIe lane should help, cant speak for that one specifically but it should be fine.
Additionally, you may want to look into high bandwidth SLI bridges for your setup.

Some BIOSes allow you to reconfigure lanes. Like give more lanes to a second pcie gpu slot with the disabling of the last slot. Check your manual/bios.

Oct 4, 2022
Thanks! I'm going to try that riser, will report back with results!

Reactions: Gam3r01