Question Help needed to choose 23" monitor

Lancs_lad

Prominent
Apr 8, 2020
I am currently starting to work from home and have a relatively small allowance for equipment I need. Work will be providing a laptop but the screen size will not be suitable for the work I do. I've already bought a logitech keyboard and mouse, I've got my eyes on a monitor riser which will then leave me with a budget of less than £100 for a monitor.

The ones I've been drawn to are the Dell S2319H or the Benq GW2283.

I'm very tempted by the Benq as it's currently on offer at £78 and has a very thin bezel.

All I need it for is is basic word processing, emails, and internet usage. The monitor will be mine to keep but I don't game and don't need anything for graphics etc. All I want is a basic monitor that is able to be used dual screen either with my laptop or another monitor so any other recommendations or thoughts on those 2 would be great.

Books and/or reams of printer paper make great FREE monitor risers.

What display ouputs does your work laptop have? VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort?

The Dell S2319 is 23" diagonal and the Benq GW2283 is 21.5" diagonal which is probably the main difference for the price disparity. (what's the price of the Dell?).

I would gravitate toward the Dell out of those two choices.

Is this a throwaway monitor just to get you through the quarantine? Or will you be using it after all this mess is over?

Lancs_lad

Prominent
Apr 8, 2020
I need to have my works laptop (13” screen) under the monitor so a desk riser is a necessity. I currently have an old Samsung monitor to use alongside it but will be able to use it alongside my Dell XPS after all this crap is over.

TRENDING THREADS