Help needed with display settings for Asus VG248QE

PXL2000

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
Okay so I've got a brand new Asus VG248QE monitor for a gaming rig I've purchased (Not yet received) and set up on my current PC. It's a beautiful display, intense colors and clear, perfect quality when it in gaming mode, my only gripe is that in the various modes it has, all the white backgrounds are way to bright for my eyes when doing something as simple as reading.

Now, I've fiddled with the monitor's options and found the Blue Light Filter and found out that on level 4 it dulls brightness perfectly for my eyes in reading, but the problem is, if I switch modes, i.e from sRBG (My default mode for reading) to Gaming and back again, the Blue Light Filter resets to its default and I have to manually go back into the menu to put it back on for reading.

Is there any way to set the filter or customize one of the modes and save it specifically for low brightness?

TL;DR
How can I make the monitor save a low-brightness setting like Blue Light Filter 4 so it doesn't lose it when switching modes.

Thanks

Solution
You can't, but I recommend always using Cinema/Theatre/Movie picture preset. It's the closest to accurate without calibrating. It's just preference, but I would also change Digital Vibrance or Saturation, this makes characters in games easier to see.

If you're not used to "accurate" colors, then white will appear yellow/orange, but just for a few days until your brain adjusts.
You can't, but I recommend always using Cinema/Theatre/Movie picture preset. It's the closest to accurate without calibrating. It's just preference, but I would also change Digital Vibrance or Saturation, this makes characters in games easier to see.

If you're not used to "accurate" colors, then white will appear yellow/orange, but just for a few days until your brain adjusts.

Solution