Question Help needed with Linksys router user limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2022
Looking for help with a way to solve a problem with a Linksys EA6350 router. The router is used in a small community center and I’ve set up guest access for guest use. Lately we’ve had problems with people having trouble connecting. I’m thinking that the problem is there is a limit of 50 devices being able to connect to the guest Wi-Fi. Checking the app, there are now more than 50 including online and off line devices. I’m assuming that the off line devices are counted towards the total? If that’s correct, is there a way to clear the offline devices automatically (I do know how to clear remove them manually). I’ve tried restarting the router, but the devices are retained. Or, is there a way to increase the limit?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Manually remove the devices and then set a very low lease time. Something like 1 or 2 hours (3600-7200 seconds) in order retire old leases in a timely manner. Though, in reality consumer grade equipment is not anywhere near the list of "right tool for the right job" for this use.

Aug 23, 2022
Manually remove the devices and then set a very low lease time. Something like 1 or 2 hours (3600-7200 seconds) in order retire old leases in a timely manner. Though, in reality consumer grade equipment is not anywhere near the list of "right tool for the right job" for this use.
Thanks…I thought of that but wasn’t sure if that would work. It’s set for 24 hours now. This router has been working great for quite a while, but I think you’re right about ’the right tool’. I think we may have out grown it. Any suggestions for an appropriate router, hopefully one that is still budget friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.