Question Help needed

May 9, 2019
I’m kinda new to building PCs and both my first build and this one have the same issue when I had thought I finished their setup. When I go to press the power button on my pc I get no response in my last build it was a cpu with bent pins but in my new build, with a threadripper, that problem was almost entirely eliminated as I don’t ever really have a chance to come into contact with the pins in the motherboard. So as of now I’m completely lost. I’ve also tried just about everything in the sticky post’s suggestions. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated
Full list of components: threadripper 1920x
X399 phantom gaming 6
2tb hard drive
Flow Riing 240
MSI Rtx 2060
2x8gb ddr4 ram
EVGA supernova 750 watt gold power supply

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeroytroy
May 7, 2019
(friend from discord helping out)

some trouble shooting that has already been attempted includes:

• Insuring all cables are plugged in properly
  • Insuring power supply was turned on
  • not necessarily a troubleshoot, but something to note, the first few times attempted, a light from the mother board power button flashed (i have no info on the meaning of this, this was a vague tidbit he included when explaining to me his process)
my speculation is that the motherboard could've been shorted due to the environment it was built and processed in (no offense ruby)

good news (sorta) is that all warranties (the sorta is because this is except for the threadripper) are still valid, so early bird responses would be much appreciated!