HELP NEEDED!!!

G

Lately I've been having a problem with my video card. It's a Diamond MM Monster Fusion 16MB. When I boot up my machine I go through all the windows splash screens, but after I log-in my screen turns to a green/white mesh color, yet I restart my computer and it works fine. Then when I try to play Age of Empires 2 it just shuts off on me mid game, or I get this weird blue screen that says "Beginning Dump of Physical Memory" and then it restarts my computer! Please if anyone can help me it would be greatly apprciated.

TIA

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i am not too sure if this is the problem, but have you scanned for viruses?
also, try updating all drivers including your motherboard.
but if you have a virus protection software, update it's virus list, and scan everything on your computer.
-DAvid

G

Well I'm running on Windows 2000 Pro. I have 192MB of SDRAM I believe (not sure about the SDRAM??). A Celeron 450MMX. I just put in a new motherboard, I'm not sure but I think it's an Intel 440BX/ZX AGPSet. I have a Diamond Monster Fusion 16MB, a Sound Blaster PCI 64/128. I haven't had a problem with the video card. I just replaced my other Cleron 333, and my VooDoo2 card, but since the upgrade I've had no problems. I do believe the problem is coming from the motherboard. BUT I have no clue on where to find drivers and the such to upgrade the performance of the board.

Thanks for the replies!

--<font color=green><b>GIVE ME A BREAK I'M ONLY 16</font color=green></b>--

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by whitemonkey2001 on 08/21/01 04:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've seen that problem before with that card, I think you can rule out the motherboard. I do not beleive that that card is compatable with higher versions of direct x. Also, if I recall correctly there was a bios upgrade for the card as well. I hate to say this but it looks like it is time to get a new card.

Video editing?? Ha, I don't even own a camera!

G

Thanks everybody I was planning on getting a new computer. I guess now's the time to do it.

Thanks for the help.

--<font color=green><b>GIVE ME A BREAK I'M ONLY 16</font color=green></b>--

TRENDING THREADS