Help neeeded urgently!

That_Tech_Guy_Again

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2016
First of all i need to explain that i do not know what the problem with my new pc is, so i cannot choose which category to put this question in. With that said, here is what happened.

So i came home yesterday and turned my pc on, and it turned on..... but nothing happened. so i turned it off and back on, and everything was fine.

Then today i leave for work and turn off my pc using the windows shut down (i did not press any buttons on the case to turn it off.

Then, when i came back from work today i turned my pc on using the front case power button, as i have done many times before.

But this time the same problem happened. So i tried turning the pc off using the front power button and nothing happened. Then i turned it off using the back power switch.

Then i tried turning back power switch on and pressing the front power button..... But still nothing happened? I tried this countless times and nothing happened.

And there are no "beeping" sounds when the pc is turned on.

I also tried pressing the cmos button at the back of the pc.

The troubleshooting code leds show 00 and nothing else, it does not change when i turn it on.

Side notes; There is power going to the gpu, and the cpu fan cooler as i can see the led lights turn on, the cpu itself, and ram and possibly other components i am unsure of, as i do not know how to "visually" confirm if they turned on or off.

This is a new pc i have built myself and cost $3,000 AU. I have been using it for the last 2 months or so and nothing like this has happened before.

Please help, i cannot afford to build a replacement.

The specs are;

AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor

Gigabyte - X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card

GamerChief - HYVE ATX Full Tower Case

Corsair - 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Pioneer - BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
specs would be helpful.
were there any beeps before? there should nave been a single beep indicating the system passed POST - referring to normal usage here. is there a speaker connected to the front panel connector? no speaker no diagnostic beeps.
does the system boot when you manually short the power button pins on the front panel connector?

That_Tech_Guy_Again

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2016

There is no speaker connected to the front panel, but there is a little speaker "thing" which is connected inside the pc to the mother board which "acts like" a speaker and has given beeps before.

That_Tech_Guy_Again

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2016

I added the specs to the original post.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

that should be the system speaker. I cannot download the manual for some reason so I cannot check. images show the 4 pin speaker connection on the front panel header - (orange).

assuming you have a speaker try to force a beep code. with the system shut down remove the RAM and try to boot the system. the system cannot pass post with no RAM and the motherboard will let you know with the beeps. if you get no beeps the buzzer on the board may be for something else and I suggest making a speaker for the orange port on the motherboard. or you can make one:
canned diagnostic speaker rant
The diagnostic speaker is the motherboards main diag feedback device.
the motherboard may be telling you where the problem is.
my speakers have this plug
http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/graphics/infolib/homelib/hSpeakerSpringClip.jpg
I use lamp wire but any stranded wire will do. literally any stranded wires. strip one end like so
http://www.antiquelampco.com/Shades/CordColors.jpg
attach the stripped end into the speaker spring clips on the speaker.
the other end of the wire should be trimmed like so the semi strip
https://wesbellwireandcable.com/images/cutwire.png
by doing a semi strip the wire case is now the socket.
plug one wire to the first pin, and the second onto the fourth pin.
power on the system and listen for beeps
end canned rant

TRENDING THREADS