[SOLVED] Help! New CPU

AudoJudo

Commendable
Jul 11, 2020
I just installed a Ryzen 7 5700g in a Gigabyte B450m-ds3h and im getting a American Megatrends error.

"New CPU installed, FTPM/PSP NV corrupted or FTPM/PSP NV structure changed."

Solution
Was the mainboard working correctly with some earlier model of Rytzen CPU prior to the installation of the 5700G?

(If so, was the BIOS updated to one allegedly supporting that CPU beforehand? No certainty that out-of-the-box BIOS will support the 5700G, or any 5000-series Ryzen prior to a BIOS update)

If the proper BIOS was done, I'd remove power from the PSU, remove BIOS battery, hold down Power switch for 10-20 seconds, reinstall battery, reapply power, and wait a full 2-3 minutes, perhaps a few resets, as BIOS reprobes new hardware...
Was the mainboard working correctly with some earlier model of Rytzen CPU prior to the installation of the 5700G?

(If so, was the BIOS updated to one allegedly supporting that CPU beforehand? No certainty that out-of-the-box BIOS will support the 5700G, or any 5000-series Ryzen prior to a BIOS update)

If the proper BIOS was done, I'd remove power from the PSU, remove BIOS battery, hold down Power switch for 10-20 seconds, reinstall battery, reapply power, and wait a full 2-3 minutes, perhaps a few resets, as BIOS reprobes new hardware...

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution

AudoJudo

Commendable
Jul 11, 2020
Its all fix now. Yeah it was working with older CPU and 2019 Bios date and when I install the new cpu it didnt boot. I had to update the bios to a latest version so it can work with new cpu and it did work but than I ran into that error. I hit N and windows booted up but when i restarted to make sure the error showed up. So i search up FTPM AMD and they said when you update bios FTPM is enabled by default and to disable it bc it stutters the PC so after I disable it saved and exit and the prompt didnt show up. But after I exited bios everytime the PC would shutoff and restart twice and in the bios it wasn't reading my memory sticks so I had to take out and put back in the memory sticks and reset bios by taking out the battery and configuring the bios settings again and everything works. Its reading 32GB memory running at 3200Mghz which i have, im not getting the prompt again bc I disable FTPM and i made sure my boot settings were good and restarted multiple times and windows boot up and it doesnt shut off when I exit bios.

Thank you for the TIPS though, I don't know if you know this or not but here just in case.