Help! new graphics card needed for swtor

cjrarnold

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Hello all, I was just recently let into the swtor beta and while playing I had considerably low FPS constantly, even when i played on minimum settings. (the lowest possible)
I wanted some help in choosing a new graphics card seeing that I am not that great with computers and haven't the slightest clue as to which card would be suitable to play the game with decent settings.
What I am looking for is just a card that isn't too pricey and will manage to play the game smoothly, I am not looking for any hardcore graphics card, just an average one that will suffice.
My computer specs are: emachines -Intel Pentium 4 Processor 641 (3.20 GHz l 800 MHz FSB l 2MB L2 Cache)
-NVidia GeForce 9400 GT
-2GB RAM

Not sure if I got all the info you guys need or not so let me know if I am missing anything. Thanks in advance for any help.

cjrarnold

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Thank you for the quick response! I hope you don't mind me asking you a few more questions, if it isn't too much of a hassle. Would you recommend that I upgrade my processor as well, assuming it wouldn't create a bigger problem?
Sorry, my lack of knowledge about computers is a nuisance.