Question HELP!!!! New Pc Build Crashes when installing driver’s

Feb 19, 2021
I recently made the upgrade from a intel i5 6600k to a ryzen 5 5600x (components listed below). However when installing drivers for my hardware, (Ex: graphics card drivers and motherboard drivers ) my computer crashes and reboots and forces my computer into an automatic repair loop. I have been trying to resolve this issue for the past week but have had no positive results. All components are brand new except for my graphics card which I swapped in from my older build.

build includes:
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Graphics card: ROG Strix GTX 1060 6gb
Ram: 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z neo
Hard drive: WD 1Tb SSD
PSU: Corsair 650W

Colif

Win 11 Master
latest bios for motherboard?
Any crashes while installing windows?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Feb 19, 2021
latest bios for motherboard?
Any crashes while installing windows?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it
Tried multiple ddr4 ram sticks yet problem still occurs, now when booting my pc it immediately causes a BSOD instead of booting into windows, I’ve tried entering into safe mode but with no success as it still gives me a BSOD. I’m not sure what could be the issue. Could it be faulty hardware?

TRENDING THREADS