Question Help! New PC build wont boot with 2 ram sticks

Jul 27, 2022
i have just made a new build with the z790 edge wifi mobo. corsair vengance DDR 5 ram, i9 13900k, and arctic freezer ii 360 AIO

it wouldnt boot after building, and then i took a ram stick out of the 4th slot and it boots. If i switch the ram sticks around it will still boot so it cant be the ram sticks.

PC runs fine on 1 32gb stick of ram but cannot even get to bios with the 2 sticks in , i just get the amber light on the dram.

Interestingly when i do the cmos jumper and boot with 1 , it cant boot the 1st time and then reboots itself after which it can boot every time so im assuming its doing something with the memory to allow boot?

Any help greatly appreciated as these are new parts and i'm getting very stressed trying to fix it

Jul 27, 2022
Is the RAM installed in slots A2 & B2?
Is the BIOS version up to date? Newer versions may have fixes for RAM stability.
Was your RAM from a single kit or 2 individual sticks? If a kit is the kit on the approved list for the motherboard?
so maybe i was just stressed and making mistakes. Now with 1 of the sticks it wont boot to bios and keeps retarting, tried re sitting it 3 times and no boot, swap for the other stick and it boots 1st time.

When the stick that doesnt work is in on its own then theres no lights on the EZ debug, but when 2 are in then i have amber on the DRAM

yes 2 sticks as a pair brand new, corsair vengance 5600 Mhz, im assuming it could be a bad ram stick?

installed in the correct slots as shown on the mobo manual

TRENDING THREADS