[SOLVED] Help: New PC will not Post

Nov 3, 2018
I recently got all the parts for a new PC build. I'll list them out before proceeding with a rundown of the issue.

Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500M
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
CPU: Intel - Core i5-9600K
CPU Cooler: ROG Ryujin 240
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro DDR-3000 (8GB x2)
GPU: ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING
SSD: Samsung - 860 Evo 500
SSHD: Seagate 2TB FireCuda
PSU: SeaSonic - PRIME Platinum 650 W

Once I got everything installed, I pressed the button and was greeted with the Red CPU Q-LED on the board. This LED remained on until the computer rebooted itself. At this point the Q-LED came back on and stayed on. All of the LEDs on the components came on, and all fans spun.

After this, I removed the GPU and one stick of RAM, which gave the same result. I then tried loosening the CPU cooler as well as the screws holding the Motherboard with the same result.

In all my time building PCs, I've never had a faulty CPU so I'm guessing that the Motherboard is perhaps the culprit here. That being said, I could be wrong and perhaps someone could help me sort this out.

Nov 3, 2018
So, I'd need to get a separate CPU to get into the BIOS and then update. That's kinda what I was thinking would be the case, but I was hoping it wouldn't be.

I'll report back once I get my hands on a CPU that is compatible with the 0224 BIOS.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018
Ok, I got the Celeron G4900 @Calvin7 suggested and just now popped it in... however, I ended up with the same result.

So, I guess this could mean something is wrong with the socket, or something with the board in general? Really wish that there was more indication outside of an ominous Q-LED.

I'm going to do a tear down, as sometimes that miraculously fixes things and hope for the best.

Quick Edit: I pulled the CMOS battery and set it aside for 15 minutes. Same result.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018
So, I think I found the culprit... On closer inspection of the Socket, one of the pins is broken. I was thinking, maybe, it was just a bent pin and I could fix that, but nope. So, returning the board and hoping that this debacle will finally be over once the new one arrives. I'll update the thread then.

ASK THE COMMUNITY