[SOLVED] Help: New PC will not Post

Nov 3, 2018
I recently got all the parts for a new PC build. I'll list them out before proceeding with a rundown of the issue.

Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500M
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
CPU: Intel - Core i5-9600K
CPU Cooler: ROG Ryujin 240
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro DDR-3000 (8GB x2)
GPU: ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING
SSD: Samsung - 860 Evo 500
SSHD: Seagate 2TB FireCuda
PSU: SeaSonic - PRIME Platinum 650 W

Once I got everything installed, I pressed the button and was greeted with the Red CPU Q-LED on the board. This LED remained on until the computer rebooted itself. At this point the Q-LED came back on and stayed on. All of the LEDs on the components came on, and all fans spun.

After this, I removed the GPU and one stick of RAM, which gave the same result. I then tried loosening the CPU cooler as well as the screws holding the Motherboard with the same result.

In all my time building PCs, I've never had a faulty CPU so I'm guessing that the Motherboard is perhaps the culprit here. That being said, I could be wrong and perhaps someone could help me sort this out.

Nov 3, 2018

So, I'd need to get a separate CPU to get into the BIOS and then update. That's kinda what I was thinking would be the case, but I was hoping it wouldn't be.

I'll report back once I get my hands on a CPU that is compatible with the 0224 BIOS.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018
Ok, I got the Celeron G4900 @Calvin7 suggested and just now popped it in... however, I ended up with the same result.

So, I guess this could mean something is wrong with the socket, or something with the board in general? Really wish that there was more indication outside of an ominous Q-LED.

I'm going to do a tear down, as sometimes that miraculously fixes things and hope for the best.

Quick Edit: I pulled the CMOS battery and set it aside for 15 minutes. Same result.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018
So, I think I found the culprit... On closer inspection of the Socket, one of the pins is broken. I was thinking, maybe, it was just a bent pin and I could fix that, but nope. So, returning the board and hoping that this debacle will finally be over once the new one arrives. I'll update the thread then.