HELP: No composite or S-Video input

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Please help! My card is the 256MB ATi Radeon 9200 All-In-Wonder Graphics
with PCTV & TV Out.

I've had this computer for a couple of days now and cannot get any kind of
signal through the composite or S-Video input. All that shows on the desktop
TV window is a black screen.

I've had no problem recording a TV signal through the aerial into the card
but I really want to be able to capture old VHS recordings.

I've installed the new drivers and software which went up on the ATI site
yesterday (7th March). No joy!

a.. Processor - AMD Athlon 64 3000 Processor
a.. Operating System - Microsoft Windows XP Home
a.. Memory - 1024MB DDR RAM
a.. Hard Disk - 200GB 7200 RPM ATA-100 Drive
a.. Optical 1 - 8x Multiformat (+/-) DVD-Rewiter / DVD Copier Drive
a.. Optical 2 - 16x DVD-ROM Drive
a.. Graphics - 256MB ATi Radeon 9200 All-In-Wonder Graphics with PCTV & TV
Out
a.. PC-TV System - PC-TV System, Media Software and Remote Control
a.. Modem - Dedicated high speed Supanet optimised 56K modem*
a.. Internet Access - Supanet Internet Access Preloaded
a.. Network - 10/100 Ethernet Port for Home Networking
a.. Firewire - 2x 1394 Firewire Ports
a.. Card Reader - ConnectPro 10 in 1 Multi-Format Card Reader & Writer
a.. Sound - 6 Channel Sound Onboard
a.. Keyboard etc. - Multimedia Keyboard & Optical Mouse
a.. Ports etc. - 1.44MB Floppy Drive, USB2.0 Ports x4, Parallel & Standard
Ports
a.. Case - Full ATX Tower Case with Upgrade Capacity (7 Drive Bays)

Thanks very much.

Pete
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Just ran the PC Check. Says that the capture driver is not listed in the
registry so I've downloaded that and installed it. No change. Please help!!!

Thanks.

"Pete Kendrick" <peter.kendrick2@(take this bit out to post)btinternet.com>
wrote in message news:c5453b$5ia$2@hercules.btinternet.com...
> Please help! My card is the 256MB ATi Radeon 9200 All-In-Wonder Graphics
> with PCTV & TV Out.
>
> I've had this computer for a couple of days now and cannot get any kind of
> signal through the composite or S-Video input. All that shows on the
desktop
> TV window is a black screen.
>
> I've had no problem recording a TV signal through the aerial into the card
> but I really want to be able to capture old VHS recordings.
>
> I've installed the new drivers and software which went up on the ATI site
> yesterday (7th March). No joy!
>
> a.. Processor - AMD Athlon 64 3000 Processor
> a.. Operating System - Microsoft Windows XP Home
> a.. Memory - 1024MB DDR RAM
> a.. Hard Disk - 200GB 7200 RPM ATA-100 Drive
> a.. Optical 1 - 8x Multiformat (+/-) DVD-Rewiter / DVD Copier Drive
> a.. Optical 2 - 16x DVD-ROM Drive
> a.. Graphics - 256MB ATi Radeon 9200 All-In-Wonder Graphics with PCTV & TV
> Out
> a.. PC-TV System - PC-TV System, Media Software and Remote Control
> a.. Modem - Dedicated high speed Supanet optimised 56K modem*
> a.. Internet Access - Supanet Internet Access Preloaded
> a.. Network - 10/100 Ethernet Port for Home Networking
> a.. Firewire - 2x 1394 Firewire Ports
> a.. Card Reader - ConnectPro 10 in 1 Multi-Format Card Reader & Writer
> a.. Sound - 6 Channel Sound Onboard
> a.. Keyboard etc. - Multimedia Keyboard & Optical Mouse
> a.. Ports etc. - 1.44MB Floppy Drive, USB2.0 Ports x4, Parallel & Standard
> Ports
> a.. Case - Full ATX Tower Case with Upgrade Capacity (7 Drive Bays)
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Pete
>
>
>
 

jlc

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
267
0
18,780
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"Pete Kendrick" <peter.kendrick2@(take this bit out to post)btinternet.com>
wrote in message news:c54afa$1tj$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> Just ran the PC Check. Says that the capture driver is not listed in the
> registry so I've downloaded that and installed it. No change. Please
help!!!
>
Are you sure it's not a 9800Pro not a 9200? If not why did you go with such
and old card for your killer rig? Your system just screams for a 9800Pro.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

No, it is a 9200 and I agree with you, it is an old card. However, the
machine was an all in one, one off deal. All or nothing. So at the moment
I'm stuck with it (not that that's a problem because in every other respect
the machine is great).

I'm still having the same problem, though. The ATI customer support hasn't
told me anything I don't already know. So I'm hoping someone out there can
still help me.

Thanks.

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:pzodc.100102$w54.686766@attbi_s01...
>
> "Pete Kendrick" <peter.kendrick2@(take this bit out to
post)btinternet.com>
> wrote in message news:c54afa$1tj$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> > Just ran the PC Check. Says that the capture driver is not listed in the
> > registry so I've downloaded that and installed it. No change. Please
> help!!!
> >
> Are you sure it's not a 9800Pro not a 9200? If not why did you go with
such
> and old card for your killer rig? Your system just screams for a 9800Pro.
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 07:34:43 +0000 (UTC), "Pete Kendrick"
<peter.kendrick2@(take this bit out to post)btinternet.com> wrote:

>No, it is a 9200 and I agree with you, it is an old card. However, the
>machine was an all in one, one off deal. All or nothing. So at the moment
>I'm stuck with it (not that that's a problem because in every other respect
>the machine is great).
>
>I'm still having the same problem, though. The ATI customer support hasn't
>told me anything I don't already know. So I'm hoping someone out there can
>still help me.
>
>Thanks.
>
>"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:pzodc.100102$w54.686766@attbi_s01...
>>
>> "Pete Kendrick" <peter.kendrick2@(take this bit out to
>post)btinternet.com>
>> wrote in message news:c54afa$1tj$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
>> > Just ran the PC Check. Says that the capture driver is not listed in the
>> > registry so I've downloaded that and installed it. No change. Please
>> help!!!
>> >
>> Are you sure it's not a 9800Pro not a 9200? If not why did you go with
>such
>> and old card for your killer rig? Your system just screams for a 9800Pro.
>>
>>
Pete, is the card an AIW or a VIVO? Since you would appear to be a UK
resident, it's probably an OEM card; do you know what make it is?

What do you have showing under Sound, video and game controllers in
Device manager? If you have any problem devices or no Ati entries at
all, it might be a good idea to uninstall your videocard drivers and
software and clean your system, then reinstall. If you've been
installing drivers on spec to try to fix the problem, this would also
be a good idea.

It's not that difficult; first uninstall all Ati software except the
Display drivers and, if you have it showing, the ATI - Software
Uninstall Utility. Then open Device Manager and Remove all entries
under Sound, video and game controllers that relate to ATI, including
Specialized MVD WDM VBI Codec, and any problem devices.

Then uninstall the Display drivers and follow the promp to reboot.
When you reboot you should have one of the Windows Standard drivers
running; looks yuk but never mind. Open Add/remove Programs again,
run (i.e. select it and click Add/Remove) the ATI - Software Uninstall
Utility and follow the prompt to reboot. If you don't have the ATI -
Software Uninstall Utility showing in Add/Remove Programs, download
and run cat-uninstall.exe from the Ati Maintenance Utilities page
(http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/catalystutils.html) - it's
the same thing.

That will clean most stuff off your system; what's left shouldn't
affect a new install. Reinstall DX 9.x, then reinstall (or upgrade)
your Display drivers (not forgetting the Capture driver if you install
separate components), then reinstall MMC etc. - again, not forgetting
to reinstall the relevant Windows Media components first.If you don't
have them, you can dl all this from
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html or from links from there. Bear
in mind that if you're running an AIW card and W2K/XP in the UK,
you'll need to download and install the M$ PAL tuner fix after
installing DX9.0b, which breaks PAL and SECAM tuners. You can get the
fix from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8dfd1b6d-e177-4a0e-91d0-b4310675b02b&DisplayLang=en.

Incidentally, ignore what the ATI configuration app says. It's
notorious for giving misleading information - the current one is to
tell users with AMD XP CPUs etc that they don't have MMX enabled. Go
figure! ;-)

HTH


patrickp

patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me