[SOLVED] HELP!!! No Post problem transferred on my friends PC too

Leon0983

Prominent
Jun 4, 2021
Recently I've had a fairly common problem where my PC boots but gives no signal on monitor. I've tried EVERYTHING. From cables, changing monitors, clearing CMOS, testing another PSU, breadboarding with/without different components, reseating every component, every cable, looked for shorts, sent my MOBO on testing and possibly RMA since it was my main suspect, it worked fine there...
So after days of trying everything I contacted a friend to help me troubleshoot further since he's into PC's and was willing to help. Since the mobo is clear, our main suspect is the GPU. So we put his GPU in my PC, still no POST whatsoever, same problem. We also replaced our RAM and SSD, still no POST. After all this we put back all his components back (GPU, RAM, SSD) and he gets the exact same problem.
No post, no display, no signal, everything boots fine and lights up.

What to do next? Did anyone experience something similar? Could a virus do something like this even tho I don't have any idea where I could've picked it up?
Is there any chance of him getting his PC back to normal, at this point I don't even care about mine.

Solution
Ryzen 5 2600x
Sapphire RX580 4gb
Seasonic GM 650
Kingston Hyperx 2x8 gb 3200mhz
Asrock B450M Pro4-F
Kingston A2000 500gb M. 2 ssd
Seagate barracuda 1tb hdd
Kolink void case
Have you tried booting with 1 stick of RAM in DIMM slot A2?
Have you tried booting with no drives connected to see if you can get into the BIOS?
Be sure to clear the CMOS again.
Recently I've had a fairly common problem where my PC boots but gives no signal on monitor. I've tried EVERYTHING. From cables, changing monitors, clearing CMOS, testing another PSU, breadboarding with/without different components, reseating every component, every cable, looked for shorts, sent my MOBO on testing and possibly RMA since it was my main suspect, it worked fine there...
So after days of trying everything I contacted a friend to help me troubleshoot further since he's into PC's and was willing to help. Since the mobo is clear, our main suspect is the GPU. So we put his GPU in my PC, still no POST whatsoever, same problem. We also replaced our RAM and SSD, still no POST. After all this we put back all his components back (GPU, RAM, SSD) and he gets the exact same problem.
No post, no display, no signal, everything boots fine and lights up.

What to do next? Did anyone experience something similar? Could a virus do something like this even tho I don't have any idea where I could've picked it up?
Is there any chance of him getting his PC back to normal, at this point I don't even care about mine.
What to do next ? List your parts for starters.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Ryzen 5 2600x
Sapphire RX580 4gb
Seasonic GM 650
Kingston Hyperx 2x8 gb 3200mhz
Asrock B450M Pro4-F
Kingston A2000 500gb M. 2 ssd
Seagate barracuda 1tb hdd
Kolink void case
Have you tried booting with 1 stick of RAM in DIMM slot A2?
Have you tried booting with no drives connected to see if you can get into the BIOS?
Be sure to clear the CMOS again.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution